PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

jerason is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
http://mobile-enthusiast.blogspot.com/

make it a wifi hotspot.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
wow, you guys have to do a lot to get it to work... i just plug the phone into my laptop, wait for mobile device centre to pick it up and connect through the internet sharing app on the phone... i've used over 500MB data in the past month and my total charge for it... 19 cents. The charge was only because i happened to connect briefly while roaming before turning the unit off.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
zkoffey's method works perfectly

i was going to suggest the none tethering wifi method, but this one is way simpler, cheers!

@rawr, 500mbs is a lot, ur not afraid of sprint catching you i guess lol
Old 02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

jungle i is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jungle i
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkoffey View Post
It's very possible, and I have a solution. This is a work around secret since the regular Internet Sharing program will error out - developers and engineers are aware of it and we try to keep it secret - I don't have a problem telling customers however. First you need to start Internet Explorer on your Mogul and goto any website, let's say google.com for instance. Allow your Mogul to connect and load the website - when your EVDO is active, load the Internet Sharing program on your Mogul and choose "Sprint PCS" instead of "Phone as Modem". Click "Connect" BEFORE plugging in your USB cable. Allow about 15 seconds to go by, then plug in the USB cable. Vista (or XP) will install the device drivers and Internet will be available. Enjoy.
This method is working like a charm, and is much faster than i expected. Although i'm still not sure i'm being charged, i'm confident that it's working. Really detailed and good advice, thank you.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul

a4cruiser is a n00b
Re: How to use my Mogul internet access on my laptop with Vista?

It worked for me. Disconned from my home wireless network. Turned off auto sync. Open IE on mogul and went to google.com. Opened Internet Sharing and selected Sprint PCS, waited 15 seconds and then connected my laptop.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkoffey View Post
It's very possible, and I have a solution. This is a work around secret since the regular Internet Sharing program will error out - developers and engineers are aware of it and we try to keep it secret - I don't have a problem telling customers however. First you need to start Internet Explorer on your Mogul and goto any website, let's say google.com for instance. Allow your Mogul to connect and load the website - when your EVDO is active, load the Internet Sharing program on your Mogul and choose "Sprint PCS" instead of "Phone as Modem". Click "Connect" BEFORE plugging in your USB cable. Allow about 15 seconds to go by, then plug in the USB cable. Vista (or XP) will install the device drivers and Internet will be available. Enjoy.
yep,

that works, but no secret..

beers
Old 12-13-2008, 03:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, Sprint Touch Pro 2, Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

NipTuck170 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to NipTuck170

does anyone know how to do this via bluetooth, ive been trying for hours. the device connects but i cant get the internet on my laptop. i left my cable at home, im in a.c.. and i really need internet.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:18 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

WMWifiRouter FTW!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan