PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

albertan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to albertan
Smile Re: Recording Calls?

For those of you interested in recording calls in the USA... here is a site that tells you all the laws...

http://www.callcorder.com/phone-reco...aw-america.htm
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Recording Calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
the earpiece is hardwired to the cdma chip. it doesnt pass through the OS. only analogue voice can come out of the earpiece. you will never hear any sound out of the mogul earpiece except during a cell phone call. no software out there will work. none.

please prove me wrong. i want this feature too.
you're right. This has gone on since the beginning.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
the earpiece is hardwired to the cdma chip. it doesnt pass through the OS. only analogue voice can come out of the earpiece. you will never hear any sound out of the mogul earpiece except during a cell phone call. no software out there will work. none.

please prove me wrong. i want this feature too.
Incorrect.

Navigate to HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Attenuation\0 and set the value of this 0 key to 5.

You will now have application sounds in calls. I have used this for a long time to have garmin output sounds while I am on the phone (I set the value to 4 as values between 0 and 5 provide different levels of muting with 5 being full volume and 0 being fully muted and it is too loud for me at 5). I had never tested it with the earpiece before as when I am on the phone using garmin I am in my car and on my BT headset, but I just tested it and it comes out the earpiece just like it would on my bluetooth headset.

So, it is definitely not hardwired.

FYI these are digital cell phones so there is no such thing as 'analog voice' in that regard either but that is just semantics.

Last edited by holo; 09-24-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Try PMVault
Old 09-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
Incorrect.

Navigate to HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Attenuation\0 and set the value of this 0 key to 5.

You will now have application sounds in calls. I have used this for a long time to have garmin output sounds while I am on the phone (I set the value to 4 as values between 0 and 5 provide different levels of muting with 5 being full volume and 0 being fully muted and it is too loud for me at 5). I had never tested it with the earpeice before as when I am on the phone using garmin I am in my car and on my BT headset, but I just tested it and it comes out the earpiece just like it would on my bluetooth headset.

So, it is definitely not hardwired.

FYI these are digital cell phones so there is no such thing as 'analog voice' in that regard either but that is just semantics.
i appreciate you proving me wrong on the fact that no noise can come out of the ear piece. ill test it out but i take your word that it works.

i dont about you but when i talk it is analog. i know it is converted to digital. it was referring to the informations original form.

also, this will never work on the mogul. no matter what software is posted. the voice data cannot pass through the os, it is hard wired. a simple diode could be preventing this, i dont know the schematic layout. but it will never work. the voice data doesnt pass through anything but the cdma chip then directly to the earpiece. if i am wrong then prove me wrong. i dont mind learning things.

see this:
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/cms/index...nversations_on
it a little dated but i shows im correct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cdmaearpiece.JPG (13.4 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by shadow-tech; 09-24-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hmm that explains scenarios where The phone appears to have crashed but the call still works and why I can "turn off" the phone and the call will still work if its already connected. Interesting. Pitty too.

Hopefully this will not be the case on the new touch pro.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 1.5 OS

jfolliard is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
I dont know if there are any apps that allow full recording, At least in the united states, it is illegal without concenting both parties
actually it's not illegal if you are party to the conversation - it is illegal to tap into and record a call between 2 other parties without their consent.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Treo Pro

Palooz is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to Palooz

i think I remember reading something on PPCGEEKS years ago in the Apache forums that included a registry hack to do this. I had a hard time finding it after a while though. I know my dad's old StarTac had this feature way back when though...
Old 09-25-2008, 02:41 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfolliard View Post
actually it's not illegal if you are party to the conversation - it is illegal to tap into and record a call between 2 other parties without their consent.
huh? What? It is still illegal in some states without permission. That's why when you call some places, they let you know the call is being recorded so you can hang up if you dont consent.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

some states require at least 1 party to know call is being recorded.

some states require both parties to know call is being recorded.

it is legal if these requirement are met.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan