PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
My old Sanyo used to have this, along with call screening. Would be kind of nice to have that function again.

GrandCentral's great, and I've been using it for a while as the phone number on my business cards, but it has its limitations. Texting doesn't work with/through it, so anyone you wish to text you have to give your real number. Still, I do highly recommend it. I can invite if anyone wants one.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:01 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Yeah GrandCentral can't do text messages YET... the second they can, is the second I switch to them entirely and never have to change my mobile number again. lol
Old 05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Recording Calls?

The problem with grandcentral is "delay time" many times it will answer the call and record a voice message before my phone even rings!! Also there is no way to easily "dial out" via grand central IE so that is the number people you all SEE when you call out. there is an annoying way to do it from the PC but its not easy. The call record function is GREAT. it beeps and crap now but thats ok. I have my sister call me I hit record then I 3 way to the party I want to record (oddly with grand central you can only record incoming calls NOT outgoing calls) When I call banks and stuff arguing an issue I want it recorded GC rocks for this.

Sadly google bought it and now no one can sign up anymore. That sucks.

You mail also ROCKS big time but sprint ruined that for me. 20cents a minute call forwarding charges!! First monty 89 Vmails $29.80 in call fordwarding charges. Kills that fantastic service. Grrrr

THAT is a feature I miss. From the sanyo phone. Call screening. I do not use it for call screening I use it as an answering machine IE as voicemail. Is there PPC software that will ANSWER my phone after X second if I do not and play a greeting and record a message? Bonus if it can play a custom greeting based on the caller ID !! I want that SO badly as it would eliminate almost all my issues regarding GC Youmail and Sprint
Old 09-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc ppc6800
Carrier: verizon

russelltw is a n00b

you should look at motion apps mvoice. I used it to record calls for work, better than taking notes while driving. It records to the SD card and the quality was very good for my needs. I had the treo 755p, but have switched to alltel 6800. I believe it supports windows mobile. Last I looked, there was a deal for $9.95.

You can look up the law on recording phone calls, but a majority of states only require the consent of one party.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does this app record both sides of the conversation?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

FYI it isn't illegal to record calls without consent in a lot of (most?) states. I think grandcentral tells the other party though that they are being recorded (although I could be wrong on that). I believe there are apps that will record if you put the call on speakerphone (only what the microphone picks up fwiu) but it may be easier to just hold it to your computer mic at that point. I and many others have looked for the magic voice recording app for a long time, but I think it is safe to say it does not exist (and might never exist).
Old 09-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc ppc6800
Carrier: verizon

russelltw is a n00b

yes, you can set it to record both sides. It's a pretty cool app. If I can remember correctly, you can set it to automatically record incoming, outgoing, or both. It saves it to a file with the number, date, and time and if outgoing or incoming.

http://www.motionapps.com/product/mvoice/index.jsp

you can try it out. I think you will like it.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelltw View Post
yes, you can set it to record both sides. It's a pretty cool app. If I can remember correctly, you can set it to automatically record incoming, outgoing, or both. It saves it to a file with the number, date, and time and if outgoing or incoming.

http://www.motionapps.com/product/mvoice/index.jsp

you can try it out. I think you will like it.
Great app, but it does not record phone conversations on my Mogul.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Same here only records ME not the other party (although it picked up my sisters phone ringing 30ft away holy crap thats a good mic but not good enough to pick up the ear piece.

Since it only records me its no more useful than the built in app so I will stick with the built in app for now.

At first I was confused by this lack of recording the conversation issue. I mean Every phone I have ever owned was capable of recording both sides just fine.

Then it hit me. Every phone I have ever had before now was a SANYO for the most part. Apparently its a very Uncommon app just common to sanyo even my old black and white sanyo 6200 did this. (I use it as an answering machine eliminating the need for voicemail for the most part)

I just wish Youmail would work with sprint but sprint treats it as call forwarding and at 20cents a minute well it costs more than my monthly bill each month. Grrr
Old 09-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the earpiece is hardwired to the cdma chip. it doesnt pass through the OS. only analogue voice can come out of the earpiece. you will never hear any sound out of the mogul earpiece except during a cell phone call. no software out there will work. none.

please prove me wrong. i want this feature too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan