PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Claude9039u is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Aux Jack/ bluetooth issue HELP

I need some help I have a U-Connect in my car and a PCC-6800 Mogul Phone. Here is the problem, when the phone is plugged into the Aux Jack of the radio for the use of the MP3 on the phone. The U-connect will make the call and hang up with-in seconds. So from what I can tell, when the phone is plugged into the radio its seeing itself plugged into a headphone mic jack and will not let the Bluetooth work correctly. (I have the same problem if I am in the car using a Bluetooth headset for phone calls and the phone plugged into the Jack for MP3. In another car.) So my question is this does anyone have a reg hack to fix this problem. And or does anyone know how to or which pin I can removed in the jack if that’s possible? Thanks!!!

There is no better phone then ours!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jaak is a n00b
I'm not sure what a U-connect is, but my phone doesn't have a problem making bluetooth calls while using the headphone/mic jack for music (ie. it doesn't get the two confused).
Old 10-19-2007, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for responding

The uconnect the the bluetooth for my car a which is made my dodge it comes in the car and connects your bluetooth phone to the stero system. Which works great!! The problem is that with our phones you can listen to your mp3's of video by at leat in my case by pluging the headphone jack from the phone into a AUX port in the car stero and bam you can listen to your phones mp3. But the problem is that as long at the car is "plugged into the phone by the phone plug. When the Uconnect or bluetooth answers or makes a call it connects but the quickly disonnects. I feel its because the phone sees its connected to a wired headset and gets confused that a bluetooth is connect I guess. But anyway I was hoping that someone had this problem a figured out a reg edit or if a pin in the plug was pulled out then it would work. Of which I have no idea if any off the two things I think would be a fix would really fix my problem?
Old 10-19-2007, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So let me get this straight if yo have a headset plugged in to your phone? And a bluetooth that asnwers calls it works? If so what are your setting if any
Old 10-20-2007, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jaak is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude9039u View Post
So let me get this straight if yo have a headset plugged in to your phone? And a bluetooth that asnwers calls it works? If so what are your setting if any
Yes, that's exactly correct. I use the bluetooth built into my car for the phone and use a cable connected to the stereo for the music part (which seems similar to what you're doing). Whenever a call comes in, the phone stops playing music (Windows media player) and bluetooth takes over.

I haven't set anything special, my car is using the bluetooth headset profile. Does bluetooth work if you don't have the audio cable connected? (Or work if you have an audio cable connected, but not to the Uconnect?)
Old 10-20-2007, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just dont know what the problem is with mine? Yes the Bluetooth/Uconnect works fine when the cable is not connected. I'll try and break it down. When I am in the car the bluetooth/Uconnect works fine. And even when the cable is connected it works fine. The problem is when the cable is connected Bluetooth/Uconnect with work and make or answer the call. But as soon as the call connects it disconnects if the cable is plugged in. I felt that the phone was confused or something because when the cable is connect I thought that the phone thought it was connected to a wired headset. You know like what comes in the box with the phone the head piece. But if its working for you I am wondering whats going on with mine. So I tried it with my wifes mogul and get the same problem?

Now looking at the setting the phone for partership for the Uconnect under bluetooth I see that Hands Free is the selected service. So thats why the phone is confused. So I guess I need some help to be able to do something in the Reg.

Last edited by Claude9039u; 10-20-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jaak is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude9039u View Post
Now looking at the setting the phone for partership for the Uconnect under bluetooth I see that Hands Free is the selected service. So thats why the phone is confused. So I guess I need some help to be able to do something in the Reg.
Err sorry, the profile is hands free here, too.

I just had an idea, what audio adapter are you using? Are you using the 2.5mm dongle with a 3.5mm adapter? That might be the problem (or something along that lines). The Mogul supports an external button for answer/hangup on wired headsets, it could be your adapter isn't fitting properly. I am using a 3rd party 3.5mm audio dongle (no 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter).
Old 10-21-2007, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Man you just might have found a fix for me. I am using what came with the phone the jack with two wires coming out of it. I have a radio shack connecter adapter that changes the 2.5 to 3.5. Which is then connect to a cable that going to my radio. Could you please send me a pic of what you have and where you got it PLEASE!!! claude9039u@AOL.COM THANKS INADVANCE!!
Old 10-21-2007, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jaak is a n00b
There are lots of adapters out there, any HTC 3.5mm adapter will work. Right now, I'm using this one (has built in mic, more for headphone use). But, I'll probably get one that has a 3.5mm socket and a USB port (for charging) so I don't have to use the HTC USB splitter dongle (something like one of these).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan