PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i930, TP & TP2
Carrier: Sprint & Nextel

hunterintusttin is keeping up the good workhunterintusttin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Mogul now on MetroPCS w/real ESN

I managed to get my old Sprint Mogul (6800) with my real ESN onto MetroPCS in the LA-market. It took some major footwork and I found a corporate store willing and able to take care of me.

1. I got my unlock code for my Mogul.
2. Download the latest PRL (00069).
3. Walk into a Metro Store.

The biggest challenge was that Metro Agents have no clue and it seems unless you find a corporate store they can't do much because the Mogul is not part of their Hodinie System.

I was charged $45 for the first month of service and $15 reactivation fee to bring the phone to Metro but it was money spent well.

After the phone was imported into their store inventory, the manager had this phone placed on my new account. Phone and Text worked after I programmed the phone number ##xxxxxx# (x is your lock code) and you will enter the phone number in line 1 and again in line 2. Reboot and it's alive.

Now the Internet:

I followed the instructions I received from anther thread and it works. The only problem I had was the Internet Explorer because I was not able to access all pages. But guess what, Skyfire works for all pages, regardless if YouTube or Bank. Only issues I still have is to get audio streaming working but this will be next on my agenda.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700

fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Mogul now on MetroPCS w/real ESN

did u get skyfire to work? Mine never worked and the skyfire team told me that the new beta version still doesnt support "proxied" connections.... now about the store putting the ESN for you, i would say you're lucky! I've tried that in 5 corporate stores. I am a Metropcs customer with 4 lines since 2001 ( since they came in the market ) i was treated like S**t. they told me not to insist because that phone was not compatible. then I decided to take the other road. My will is to go back to the store and show them the freaking fully functional mogul and say: how'bout that you mofos?

PS: What is a Houdinie system ?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: MetroPCS

Sequeira74 is just getting started
Unhappy Re: Mogul now on MetroPCS w/real ESN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterintusttin View Post
I managed to get my old Sprint Mogul (6800) with my real ESN onto MetroPCS in the LA-market. It took some major footwork and I found a corporate store willing and able to take care of me.

1. I got my unlock code for my Mogul.
2. Download the latest PRL (00069).
3. Walk into a Metro Store.

The biggest challenge was that Metro Agents have no clue and it seems unless you find a corporate store they can't do much because the Mogul is not part of their Hodinie System.

I was charged $45 for the first month of service and $15 reactivation fee to bring the phone to Metro but it was money spent well.

After the phone was imported into their store inventory, the manager had this phone placed on my new account. Phone and Text worked after I programmed the phone number ##xxxxxx# (x is your lock code) and you will enter the phone number in line 1 and again in line 2. Reboot and it's alive.

Now the Internet:

I followed the instructions I received from anther thread and it works. The only problem I had was the Internet Explorer because I was not able to access all pages. But guess what, Skyfire works for all pages, regardless if YouTube or Bank. Only issues I still have is to get audio streaming working but this will be next on my agenda.
Man i have tried but here in MIAMI i can not find any store that will help with the ESN.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i930, TP & TP2
Carrier: Sprint & Nextel
Threadstarter

hunterintusttin is keeping up the good workhunterintusttin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
did u get skyfire to work? Mine never worked and the skyfire team told me that the new beta version still doesnt support "proxied" connections.... now about the store putting the ESN for you, i would say you're lucky! I've tried that in 5 corporate stores. I am a Metropcs customer with 4 lines since 2001 ( since they came in the market ) i was treated like S**t. they told me not to insist because that phone was not compatible. then I decided to take the other road. My will is to go back to the store and show them the freaking fully functional mogul and say: how'bout that you mofos?
I had the same experience at two dealer stores and they called their store support to make sure they can import the phone. It took three trips to the store but it worked on the end.

This is the location:

MetroPCS-Santa Ana
2307 Bristol Street #B
Santa Ana, CA - 92704
Ph: (714) 730-2869

Store Manager: Carlos (great guy)

I guess, if you're in the area (LA Market) make sure to bring your phone and see what they can do for you. I don't know but you might try to call them and have your phone imported to their store data base over the phone w/CC. Give it a try.

In regards to Skyfire, never had any issue (well can't permanently change the location for the weather) but the browser works great. Made it my standard browser and I'm keeping it. When I transfered one of my Moguls to Metro (still keep one on Sprint for the speed) I made a full backup of the Sprint Mogul with all my tweaks to make the transit faster. Later I customized the Metro Mogul a bit (wap.metropcs.net etc) and it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequeira74 View Post
Man i have tried but here in MIAMI i can not find any store that will help with the ESN.
They have to know that you know your phone because they can't program the phone. But the best issue, once I had the phone activated, I waited one day, killed the new account and had the Mogul transfered to another MetroPCS account. Once it's on the national database, you can assign the phone to any accounts, as long you're able to program it.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Diamond

danieltorres_cuba is a n00b

Quote:

Hi friends, I live in miami, and have a friend that works in MetroPCS, he actually told me that can't do it, but with a little "push" seems he remember how to made it, finally i have entered 2 moguls in the system, (mine is one)

Last edited by danieltorres_cuba; 12-07-2008 at 04:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Lurker

novastar is a n00b

Please Disregard. My question is moot since another thread that I just read that answered my question.

Thanks.

novastar

Last edited by novastar; 12-14-2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: question anwered in another thread.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

hows the internet speed on the mogul at metro??

Old 12-14-2008, 08:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

Quote:

try the metro stores in hialeah i heard they can do it..
Old 01-04-2009, 11:40 AM
N00b

Sequeira74 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
try the metro stores in hialeah i heard they can do it..
Thanks man I got it up and Running, now I need the settings for Internet/MMS

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

silvaadams is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to silvaadams

okay, jus to let ppl know, houdini is a system that metro uses that technically "flashes" your phone's esn number to metro's server. it also uploads the proper prl and other settings to allow the phone to work. houdini never used to flash smart phones or ppcs but as of recently, htc phones: such as the mogul, diamond, touch, and touch pro, have been added to houdini's system. now there's no reason to have to stalk your local service center, you should be able to walk into an authorized dealer, that has houdini, and get your esn on metro. the authorized representative should also program the phone for you. they charge $47 to have it done but some other places charge $67 cause the stores dont get paid for flashing so they up the price for a 20 dollar profit.

ROM: mightyrom 4 w/spb shell3

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan