PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   6800 warranty replaced my 6700 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10127)

tannis 10-20-2007 12:21 PM

6800 warranty replaced my 6700

So the volume slider broke on my 6700. Of course I carry handset insurance. So I went to the sprint store and they ordered me a new one. When I went to pick up my refurbished replacement I picked it up and the volume slider switch on the new one stuck the first time I used it. There I was in the middle of the store with about 40 customers all around me and my new 6700 was flipping out. I didn't make a big deal out of it or anything. The sprint rep went into the back and then came out with a brand new Mogul. Needless to say I almost had an orgasm right on the spot. My first thought was crap I don't have a memory card. I looked in the bottom of the phone and what do ya know... a 512MB microsd card. SSSSOOOOO if anyone out there wants the howto for upgrading the 6700 to the 6800 there ya go. I hope this can help others upgrade their handsets. Maybe I'm just the luckyest mofo on the planet!!!

Happily Mogulized!

pgdeaner 10-20-2007 04:23 PM

If you find the right support rep, you can get really world class support from sprint. Sometimes it just takes persistence.

canospinach 10-22-2007 12:27 AM

i was in the other day and the customer before me got the last 6700 refurb in stock. They had more on order and wanted to make me wait 2-3 days for a replacement handset. My 6700 had a power overload and bricked itself. When the rep first came back she told me it was ok i still had my phone to use, i looked at her and asked if they even looked at it (it doesnt power up at all, its shorted internally). This was issue #1 with them.

Of course this honestly didnt make me very happy. The tech then offered to give me the previous gentlemens used 6700 as a temp until they got more in stock. I was blown away by this and started to make a stink that they actually thought it was okay to give me a used customers handset which was being brought in for warranty. After a couple of minutes of me explaining to him how this was by far not my expectation of quality customer service a manager walked out and handed me a brand new 6800.

I still dont know what the tech was doing back there. Did he even look at my phone? How could it be perceived as acceptable to give one client another clients used handset?

Either way, i am the proud owner of a Mo-Gul, grabbed a 4gb microSD card for $70 on sale at BestBuy and i am really happy.

Guess it was good for me that they were so bad ;-)

Now thats service!

they upgraded me from a Treo 600 to a Treo 650 under the similiar circumstances, i bought my 6700 outright for $400 and pay $84 per year for the right to get some quality customer service.

poopboypat 10-22-2007 12:41 AM

Wow i must live in a crappy area for sprint support. My screen broke on my 6700 the other day and i brought it in and they said that they would ship it out, but it was going to take 2 weeks. So ive been with out a phone for a week so far... And i orderd a mogul lol so when my referb 6700 comes in ill swap the esn and sell the 6700 on ebay. But damn they didnt even give me a option to get a temp phone....

omegax 10-22-2007 12:50 AM

did anyone try sending sprint an email? It takes them just as long to answer as calling does :) and you get better service.. needless to say I got a free mogul shipped to the house. And you have it in writing so no going back on their word.. (As said in a similar thread)

Customer service is only as good as the customer. Dont call if you dont pay your bill! As a former sprint rep... thats the most annoying thing in the world.

canospinach 10-22-2007 12:56 AM

Warranty/Insurance is the key

Quote:

Originally Posted by poopboypat (Post 104287)
Wow i must live in a crappy area for sprint support. My screen broke on my 6700 the other day and i brought it in and they said that they would ship it out, but it was going to take 2 weeks. So ive been with out a phone for a week so far... And i orderd a mogul lol so when my referb 6700 comes in ill swap the esn and sell the 6700 on ebay. But damn they didnt even give me a option to get a temp phone....

I will be honest, i knew if under pressure they would swap my 6700 for a Mogul, but i wasnt trying to get there. I loved my 6700 and have been patiently waiting.

I was a Sprint Master Agent in a previous lifetime and several of our stores were service centers. Be advised an agent cannot pull the trigger like your local Core Sprint Store can. An agent wont eat the price difference on a new Mogul just in the name of Client Services. A service center in no way is paid or re-imbursed for a model swap. It takes a core store manager to sign it off.

If you ask they will gladly give you a loaner phone, it will not be a WM device, simply a phone to make calls on but it is something. If you have the Warranty/Insurance plan it makes all this a reality. Simple manufacturers warranty will not get you the premium treatment.

Major markets will still have 6700's for some time. Smaller markets will have to start giving moguls out sooner as stock thins out.

zkoffey 10-22-2007 12:58 AM

Well geez I could have told you that. I started with the 6700 when it first came out. I've had just about every one of Sprint's PDA phones including all Treo's just from in-store replacements. When the Mogul came out, Sprint made sure they had a huge shipment of backup 6700's they handed out to stores so they wouldn't have to automatically give a Mogul to a non-repairable 6700. The rule is, as long as your phone can make and receive phone calls - they have the option to order you one... however, if your phone is not making or receiving calls (or your screen happens to break beyond repair) they have no choice but to swap it in store. If they do not have the phone in stock for the swap, you get a choice of a comperable phone. I too had a 6700, I carry total equipment protection and my screen "happened" to break. I made sure my local Sprint store had no 6700's and I walked out with a Mogul.

ls3mach 10-22-2007 04:06 AM

Is a cracked screen covered under TEP for free?

canospinach 10-22-2007 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls3mach (Post 104343)
Is a cracked screen covered under TEP for free?

just about anything other than liquid damage or excessive obvious abuse is covered.

zkoffey 10-22-2007 12:35 PM

Yes, like canospinach said, pretty much everything is covered under TEP except lost/stolen/water damage/your phone being in no more than 3 "pieces". Cracked screens are definately covered.