PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC mogul
Carrier: boostmobile

mentax is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Bostmobile CDMA in NY???

Can I used boost cdma in NY? I bay new htc mogul, I try to change my plane, but support tell me: No boost cdma on NY Is it try? Before I use motorola i465. If I talk him I live in Florida? They can change it and does it will work in NY? And can I kept my number?
Old 12-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

xleoxoelx is a n00b
Re: Bostmobile CDMA in NY???

I used to live in NY about a month ago I activated my service in NY and it works, you just need an HTC Mogul with a clean ESN and a Boost CDMA account which you can only activate with one of the original Boost CDMA phones. What you would have to do is an ESN swap after you activate your service, I told them my Motorola had a broken keypad and they asked me for the ESN on the device I wanted to swap it with. They gave me the unlock code I changed the MSL settings like they asked me to then I soft reset my phone and I made a call with it and it worked right away.

Tip of advice, when you activate the service you must use an address from one of the lucky 13 states along with a zip code from the address you choose, I started out by giving them the address of a cousin's house (not really... it was a Dunkin Donut) you will also need to have a credit or debit card with you. The service runs off of Sprint's network so it'll work in all 50 states hopefully.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

xleoxoelx is a n00b
Re: Bostmobile CDMA in NY???

I hear Boost CDMA is coming back to NY and NJ really soon by next year, if you can wait then you're set, if not then go for it. I don't see any problem with this at all, they want their old customers back and they're also getting new ones so either way they'll be making money again. In the end everyone is happy!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC mogul
Carrier: boostmobile
Threadstarter

mentax is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Bostmobile CDMA in NY???

Thx for answer! If I talk him fake address can I keep my NY number or I need change it using area code of 13 state?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan