PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New replacement (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100634)

tootights 12-07-2009 10:43 PM

New replacement

I just got my replacement phone, fresh out of the box. I was curious what you think I should do first.

DavidinCT 12-07-2009 11:51 PM

Re: New replacement

Quote:

Originally Posted by tootights (Post 1395063)
I just got my replacement phone, fresh out of the box. I was curious what you think I should do first.

Hmmm....Well after doing this about 20 times now (yep, 98% of the replacements I have gotten have had issues). So go through everything, open notes and press every key, try every button, make sure the basics all work fine (try the touch screen on every corner to make sure it works perfectly as well).

Next step, unlock, install GPS radio, Install WM 6.5...Get rid of 6.1 ASAP...

that's just what I would do.... (I got my 7th replacement titan sitting on my desk next to me). Just make sure you flash back to stock before returning your old one...

tootights 12-09-2009 07:07 PM

Yeh, I'll be getting something newer when this one fails.

tootights 12-10-2009 07:01 PM

I'm new to this whole PPC things, so sorry if my issues are redundant.

So, first thing I did was do the unlocker, formatted my sdcard, then copied the file into the root directory on the sd card. I ran it, it said it was doing its update thing, then restarted and was stuck in the bootloader... I then got it to reset using my stylus and the reset button...and booted fine. I was trying somehow to verify if the unlock worked, but couldn't. In reading the howto, it said that my key would be invalidated after the unlock, and I'd need to call verizon for another. Initially I didn't think the phone was working, therefor confirming that the key was invalidated, and confirming the unlock worked.

But low and behold, this morning the phone was working fine. It must have been that I didn't have home network service, I guess.

So at that point, the unlock or may not have worked, but the phone was working fine and had sync't correctly with my vista laptop, all of my contacts and todo list were restored...

So then, I wanted to burn an new ROM and get rid of wm6.1 go to 6.5 and get GPS capability etc...

So I thought I'd start with a basic 6.5 rom, and that got to 100% then the phone restarted and got stuck in the bootloader...

So I then tried burning a ROM I made in the kitchen, but that gave me an error at the end telling me it was corrupt.

Now I'm stuck in the bootloader... wtf should I do?

I can't get out of the bootloader using the titan_exitbl program, it said "Cannot open USB port. Please make sure, that USB connection in Activesync is disabled. Also make sure, that your USB cable is properly connected"

I turned usb off in WMDC... now that it's in the bootloader, it shows the Safely remove usb device icon in the system tray. Shows Not connected in WMDC..

Wtf to DO!?!

tootights 12-10-2009 07:30 PM

I just tried a hard reset and that returned me to the boot screen..

tootights 12-10-2009 07:54 PM

So now I tried building a really simple barebones ROM in kitchen, and this time the update worked, seemingly..
Now it boots up, but gets stuck at the Windows Mobile 6.1 screen, then Beeps at me once.

It won't advance past this screen yet, this sh1t is really confusing!

tootights 12-10-2009 07:59 PM

Ok, after hooking up the mini usb it booted up, and the GUI is obviously the new ROM.

However, its stuck asking me for updates, and why does it say Windows Mobile 6.1?

I thought I selected 6.5 from kitchen

Confused...

tootights 12-10-2009 11:39 PM

OK Ok Ok, things are going better now, got one of my custom ROMs installed correctly.
It's still finicky, but working.

I wanted to get GPS working, but I don't have the External GPS setting in 'System'

tootights 12-11-2009 02:46 AM

Latest: the camera won't work
"The file 'Camera' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificat, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists..."

So on this image that I flashed to my ROM I made it kitchen, I included the HTC titan camera package as well as the HTC picture utility...

Kru83 12-14-2009 10:04 AM

Dude why didnt they give up upgrade to like TP or something, i didnt even know they give out mogul replacement.