PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
From Mogul Hell To Hero Greatness

I was an avid Mogul user for about 2 years. Loved the phone. I knew it inside and out, and the last thing I ever wanted to do was move to a new hardware/software combo I knew nothing about. But, I did it, and moved to the HTC Hero. I love it to death, and am extremely happy I moved platforms.

However, I felt Sprint screwed me with the Mogul. I originally paid like $250 for the Mogul, and had problems with it after 2 months of owning it. I had every single problem you could imagine, and finally, I got a new Mogul that didn't have as many problems as the rest. I kept this phone for a long time until it finally decided to enter the boot loader for 48 hours. A week later, I show up to Sprints Repair Center with the idea that I can get a new phone from Sprint that doesn't have inherent problems from the factory. I wasn't sure which phone I wanted to move to at the time, but I was sure I didn't want a refurb mogul. Well, after discussing my issue with the Sprint Rep, he ordered me a refurb Mogul. I told him I would bring every refurb Mogul in that didn't work properly the day I received them. So, guess what....my refurb Mogul gets in, and the keyboard doesnt work properly. Doubling letters up, failing to recognize key presses, etc. The typical. I take it to Sprints Repair Center, and gave them the "I told you so." They ordered me another refurb. Same thing happened. They ordered me another one. Same thing. At this point in time, I am getting sick of this game, and I have realized that the Sprint Repair center isnt going to do it for me. So I start calling sprints retention department. Every person I talked to didnt hardly want to offer me anything. I got offered a $70 instant credit, then offered a $50 credit the next time I called. I called Sprint's retention department several times and even emailed Dan Hessey about the inherent flaws about the Mogul, and never received a response. So finally at about my whits end, I call retention one last time....and I get some guy who is AWESOME. The dude hooked it up with $70 instant credit to my account, and then another $480 credit to my account over the next 2 years. Basically he took $20 off a month for 2 the next 2 years. He also offered to upgrade me to the Touch Pro for free. I declined. This was already enough to convince me to go out and buy the HTC Hero. THANK YOU Mr. Anonymous from Sprint Retentions, you actually made a customer happy. Now I am actually paying less for my plan than I was with the Mogul, and got the Hero for only $100!! I consider this a win for me, and for Sprint.

So, sorry to say....I will have to wave "goodbye" to the Mogul forum. For those of you looking to upgrade, try calling retentions. They are the only ones with real power it seems. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

xleoxoelx is a n00b
Re: From Mogul Hell To Hero Greatness

Good job man I applaud you xD
Old 12-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

xleoxoelx is a n00b
Re: From Mogul Hell To Hero Greatness

Unfortunately I can't try this because I've owed Sprint since April and I can't possibly pay them at the moment and my Mogul is flashed on a different service provider.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan