PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 02:55 AM
pastorryon

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Problems with Phone Updates

I recently rooted my HTC Thunderbolt and downloaded several apps (Titanium Backup, Rom Manager, Barnicle Wifi Tether) to help me so that I could get rid of some of my bloatware and add some things I wanted. Well, one of the apps I deleted was VZ Navigator. I personally don't like the program, but I checked my phone for the latest update and saw I had a firmware update. So, I tried to download it. I thought everything went fine and when it went to reboot it brought up a little droid icon with what looked like an "triangle with an exclamation point above its head."

I tried rebooting the phone several times, but everytime it would reboot it seemed like all was fine (see the HTC Thundebolt screen come up, hear the Thunderbolt sound, etc). Well, give it a few seconds and it would want to power off and go back into reboot mode. Once I erased the cache it went back to normal.

So, I went to the android market and tried to download VZ Navigator, but they will not allow me to download it. So, my question is, am I in trouble?

Here is the update I tried to install...
Source: Verizon Wireless
Name: Mecha_Verizon_WWE_1.13.605-1.12.605.6
Size: 35.649 MB
Description: Software updates automatically and the mobile will power down and up as a part of this special offering.

You would think I would need updates from Verizon. Is there a way to get VZ Navigator back on my phone? Should I even be concerned? Should I just install a new rom like the new Gingerbread?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ryon Lee Adcock
Old 05-20-2011, 07:05 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I believe you would have to find the shipped ROM and flash it via hboot to get VZNav back. Also, if you were rooted and tried to update via VZW I think you are supposed to lose root access. But really if you are already doing this much you may just want to flash custom ROMs. There are a few that are close to stock but just removed the bloat.

GB roms are getting better and better. They got camera working and I just saw they are now imparting some sense 3.0 stuff.

Best of luck.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2011, 12:04 AM
pastorryon

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Problems with Phone Updates

Hey Mr. Hawaii,

Thanks for the feeback. I am thankful to see that GB is getting continual improvements.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:51 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yup, as some say in Hawaii "No scared 'um, go get 'um!" Gingerbread ROMs are doing great. Adrynaline's das BAMF is good. I am currently running chingy's Gingeritis. Awesome work. I do reccomend wipe before install.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt