PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 03:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

SuperFetaMan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
4G Toggle App: difference in battery life?

Has anyone tried this app and noticed a difference in battery life?

HTC Thunderbolt Gets 4G Toggle, Samsung Charge & Droid Bionic Too

Would love to hear some feedback...
Old 04-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: 4G Toggle App: difference in battery life?

well it is found that using 4G is a super battery sucker especially since the TB has a substandard 1400mah battery (evo,arrive and tp2 have 1500mah battery) u would probably get 2 hours of consistent use at the most but with it in just 3G mode u can get up to 4 hours of consistent use provided that u have a good signal. so hope that helps.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:50 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
I got my TB and left it all stock for now so that I could do some testing. I am not in a 4G area so my battery will drain if I left the 4G radio on. That being said my first day with the TB after charging it all night the night before did not last for me at all. I got to work at around 7 am, my phone mostly stays in my pocket while I am working and I do get an occassional text or call which I honestly normally never answer. So that day my phone completely died about the time I finished my lunch. At about 2 pm.

The next day after charging it all night the night before. I installed that app and turned the 4G radio off, by the time I left work that night about 7 pm I still had about 70-80% left judging from the battle icon. I believe this app that allowed me to turn off the 4G radio greatly improved my battery life. I am sure experiences could differ, but you really don't have anything to lose if you try it out.

Best of luck.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Yeah I tried this out and it seems to make a significant difference in the battery life. I don't live in a 4G area, so i turned off the 4G, and my battery is lasting a lot longer. I used to go about 12 hours and be at about 20% battery, and now i can go the same 12 hours and be at about 60-70% battery.

Definitely worth it. Only downside is there's not toggle widget yet....
Old 04-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

streetracer8605 is a n00b

I've not downloaded this yet, but I work in a 4g area but live in a 3g area. My phone will last me from 10am to sometime at night. This is with moderate text, calls, and internet surfing. I have no problem with my phone lasting me a day with the amount of use I have. It's a mini computer, so complaining the phone only last for 3hrs on 4g because your online or playing the games is like complaining your laptop only last a few hrs too. Usually if I don't surf the internet every break I get at work it will last me two days of texting and calls.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

I personally use it, and it's helped considerably. I live in a cellular black hole, and my main work site is in 4G coverage, but with the RF shielding, I can barely get 3G. So at home and work, I have WiFi on, and occasionally turn 4G on, like waiting for a doctors appointment.

Last weekend, with a modified kernel, I took it off the charger around 4pm Friday, and didn't charge it until Sunday night around 7pm, only because it was at 22%, and I didn't want to risk anything going wrong over night, and my alarm not going off in the morning. My average draw with everything turned on, and idling at 122 MHz, is somewhere around 35mA or so.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

My battery life went from 4-6 hours to more than a day!

Old 05-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

battery life is great if u turn off 4g wen not in use!

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt