PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

JSK0703 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Had you used the Blockbuster app prior to upgrading it? Jus curious as to if/why it would be a data hog if it's never opened.
I had an issue with that app as well. On launch day I clicked it just to see what it was. That was a big mistake. That night I had the biggest issue with battery life.

I later found that the app was still running as a service along with Bitbop. I cancelled those services and have avoided them like the plague since then.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd be interested to see how you guys fare with this hack:

How To Switch Between 3G And 4G On HTC Thunderbolt

Let us know, I'm pretty sure I'm getting this phone, it's just a matter of saving some money.
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE
Old 03-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I or EVO): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

While in a full 4G area I'm getting great battery life all day charge

Old 03-24-2011, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

moosen34 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpoete View Post
I'd be interested to see how you guys fare with this hack:

How To Switch Between 3G And 4G On HTC Thunderbolt

Let us know, I'm pretty sure I'm getting this phone, it's just a matter of saving some money.
Funny thing is that I just did this today because I'm not in a 4G area and I've read that the phone continues to search for 4G regardless which kills the battery. I can't say for sure that the battery is better, although I believe it is, but one thing I can say is that browsing the internet is actually faster for me because the phone goes straight to transferring data immediately without searching for a better connection! I'm quite confident it will increase the battery power as well on top of it so I'm happy it's an option!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC ThunderBolt!!!

azbobs is keeping up the good workazbobs is keeping up the good work

Get an extended battery so far I have been very happy this week, just got it! Has last 13 hours during my shift at work. I listened to music probably have the night. Made about an avg of 10 text,s 5avg of 8 calls. Had the aquarium live wallpaper running and have screen dim after a minute, 50% on brightness. Will have to drain it down a few times and get a good full charge and see how it is then. I only used the original battery 2 days before I got the extended. Seemed to last with the same conditions for about 6 to 7 hours...

Cheers,
Azbobs

what,s everyone using to root these since Verizon are being bung holes and not rooting...
Old 03-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you want increased battery life install a rom.

Check out easy root with s off
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

or install green power from the market,haven't had to look at a charger till i plug in for the overnight charge since the first day i got the phone and started using the app,they have a free version as well which i tried and was so successful i ended up buying the premium

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC ThunderBolt!!!

azbobs is keeping up the good workazbobs is keeping up the good work

Will have to try the green application then. I have not decided if I want to root and change rom's yet. Not seeing the huge advantage as of yet other the losing alot of sleep and hoping they developer updates their roms. Seeing you get no more updates from your provider when you do so.

I was a firm believer of rooting & rom's with my inc, touch pro2. For me I am working too much to have to go through all that is needed and the hidden issues that come with this. I know that I have only had the phone a week and not really having any issues, even with the bloat ware it's running flawless for me. Ask me a month from now and I may being telling another story once I get bored with the phone and sure I will root & rom. You can always get the updates that are put out in the new rom,s sooner or later. I will tell you I have already downloaded the virus rom and the easy root.... Just have not pulled the trigger yet!

For now I am enjoying the TB.... I told my grandma I had TB she said oh my... then explained it's the ThunderBolt!!!!! She laughed!!

Good luck to all that root & rom,,, sure I will sooner or later.

Cheers,
Azbobs

Last edited by azbobs; 03-28-2011 at 10:33 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt