PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

vargo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what device are you leaving for the thunderbolt?

My Smart phone journey started with verizon TP1 that phone became very buggy, VZW upgraded me to TP2. I loved this phone!! Then one day it got destroyed.. My Phone insurance gave me Samsung Omina 2. A tad better but UI sucked really bad. I downloaded SPB MS just to make it bearable. Well today I found out that I have 4 month early upgrade??? Not sure why, but what the hell I will go for it.

Now I have the HTC TB. So far I love it. Battery could be a tab better. But that really does not bother me.

Last edited by vargo; 04-25-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

leeco is a n00b

I gave my droid x to my DH to get the thunderbolt. Only thing I miss is SWYPE. otherwise, I'm Loving it. I'm at the edge of a 4g network area but the 3g on this phone still seems pretty darn good.

Looks like I need to update my info...I've always been a PDA girl, not really wanting to combine it with my phone. I had palm T5, then LD, moved to WM 5,6,6.5 with an apache for a couple of years, finally broke down and went smartphone and got a Droid X in Feb. I just couldn't wait for TB. I enjoyed the X but my hubs loved it so much he got me the TB last week.

Last edited by leeco; 04-26-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeco View Post
I gave my droid x to my DH to get the thunderbolt. Only thing I miss is SWYPE. otherwise, I'm Loving it. I'm at the edge of a 4g network area but the 3g on this phone still seems pretty darn good.

Looks like I need to update my info...I've always been a PDA girl, not really wanting to combine it with my phone. I had palm T5, then LD, moved to WM 5,6,6.5 with an apache for a couple of years, finally broke down and went smartphone and got a Droid X in Feb. I just couldn't wait for TB. I enjoyed the X but my hubs loved it so much he got me the TB last week.
Swype BETA is available for the TB. The auto-space doesn't work right in the stock SMS app, but someone over at XDA has a working port for the TB. I'll PM you the details.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Carrier: VerizonWireless

gum427 is a n00b

Just came over to the Thunderbolt from an HTC Imagio. Loved the phone and had no problems with it... until my work decided to changed from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2010.

After this, my Imagio (Windows Mobile 6.5) and a coworkers HTC (Windows 6.1) both would not connect up to the new Exchange Server. We were the only Windows mobile phones. Everyone elses iPhones, BlackBerrys and Android phones all worked fine. Had no choice but to change phones.

The Thunderbolt connects up to the Exchange Server and my contacts and emails work great, but nothing from the Calender comes over at all.

I'm using the trial version of Touchdown to get emails, contacts, calender and tasks from the Exchange Server and everything seems good. I've got about 8 days left to decide on keeping the phone or going to an iPhone.

Steve

Current Phone: Thunderbolt
Previous Phones: HTC Imagio / HTC Touch Pro / Samsung i760
Old 05-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

I went to the touch pro2, and I loved the thunderbolts screen size and i really hated all touchscreen phones. so i took the risk and bought a $300 used incredible and i absolutely LOVED it so I was for sure getting the thunderbolt. Im glad I made the switch
Old 05-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio, thunderbolt

englishpanther is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to englishpanther

HTC Imagio - It was a great device thanks to the work of the community.

This Community has been there for my HTC Apache, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2 and the Imagio.

With Microsoft and Verizon trying to play Apple... i'm going to embrace the custom linux Roms!

P.S. The NRG ROMS have been my favorite for the last couple years. =D>

I haven't rooted so I am not a big fan of the thunderbolt yet.......
Old 05-24-2011, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work

I am happily leaving my TP2 behind for this much needed change. My TP2 carried on like a champ and, to it's credit, still works well for what it does. However, there are too many ways that it falls short and too many ways that the T-bolt is great for me to pass it up.

In fact... I've waisted about 2 hours at work today.

I just got it FedEx'd to me.

If I helped you, "Thanks" are always appreciated. (c: And don't forget to tip your waitress.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: verizon

Promethazine is just getting started

leaving behind my tp2 for my new thunderbolt which should be here today.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethazine View Post
leaving behind my tp2 for my new thunderbolt which should be here today.
Congrats! Let us know what you think. I'm really enjoying mine.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Phil Canyon is just getting started

DITCHING MY IMAGIO TOMORROW! THANK GOD AND YES I AM YELLING ON PURPOSE!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt