PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Thunderbolt (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=307)
-   -   Can't charge while in kickstand mode (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141235)

yjbeach 02-24-2011 10:29 AM

Can't charge while in kickstand mode

I'm not sure why they didn't put the micro-usb slot on the bottom of the device. If you have the device in kickstand mode you can't charge it.

Minor design flaw.

TXGTOU 02-24-2011 04:37 PM

Re: Can't charge while in kickstand mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by yjbeach (Post 2060737)
I'm not sure why they didn't put the micro-sd slot on the bottom of the device. If you have the device in kickstand mode you can't charge it.

Minor design flaw.

I thought the slot for the Micro-SD was under the battery (still a design flaw)? Do you mean the USB/charger port? I'd say the Micro-SD slot under the battery is a bigger design flaw than the USB/charger port location. Hopefully the phone boots up rather quickly if you have to move the battery in order to remove the external memory.

Fabulas 02-26-2011 10:09 PM

The charging port is on the left side. You can charge while in kickstand mode.

sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

ufjason 03-01-2011 12:26 PM

The kickstand works vertically and horizontally. You can charge it while it's used vertically. There will be a dock that will allow horizontal charging similar to the droid/droid2. A lot of you mention location of the card slots being design flaws but in order to make the phones as slim as they do they have to make decisions on the location of components, ports and slots. I'm unsure why you're having to remove your memory card so much? Are the write speeds on a direct card reader significantly faster?

yjbeach 03-01-2011 01:38 PM

yes, I was talking about the Micro-usb. I never remove my micro-sd card. It's 8gb and is rarely full.

I understand that they have a certain layout for everything. If you were on a long roadtrip and wanted to watch a movie while in the backseat or something.

ufjason 03-03-2011 11:40 AM

Right now I can get through two full movies on a single charge with my Thunderbolt. I guess someone needs to create a 90 degree flush micro usb port adapter to combat this!

ThrottleAbuse 03-04-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ufjason (Post 2063843)
Right now I can get through two full movies on a single charge with my Thunderbolt. I guess someone needs to create a 90 degree flush micro usb port adapter to combat this!

How did you get one already?

ufjason 03-04-2011 03:03 PM

I'm a friendly user trial member.

ThrottleAbuse 03-04-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ufjason (Post 2064372)
I'm a friendly user trial member.

Lucky SOB

Earmuffs 03-21-2011 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXGTOU (Post 2060876)
I thought the slot for the Micro-SD was under the battery (still a design flaw)? Do you mean the USB/charger port? I'd say the Micro-SD slot under the battery is a bigger design flaw than the USB/charger port location. Hopefully the phone boots up rather quickly if you have to move the battery in order to remove the external memory.

LOL the MicroSD card being under the battery is not a "Design flaw" all the WinMo device's HTC made that I ever used (Touch, TP1, TP2) had the card accessible while the phone was on. HTC did not wake up one day and say hey let's put this in a stupid ass location or suddenly become ignorant of common usage. The fact is apps and the os read and write to SD card and to ensure stability they require you unmount the card. So to prevent any retarded scullf**ks from yanking out their SD cards, causing unnecessary support tickets, they just positioned it in a way that requires your device to be off to remove it. It's not like it causes significant issues you just mount the card in the OS to read and writ to it and if the capacity is too small then start using the cloud. Audio galaxy streams music from my home pc and 8tb of media online removes the need to have movies and tv on my device.

BTW EVO SPRINT $88 Bucks a month instead of $106-116 on Verizon ridiculous bills. Though I might switch if they ever get something comparable to the EVO 3D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ufjason (Post 2063843)

There was a solution back in July '10 it's called and EVO... HAHAHA.
Sorry It's late and this http://tinyurl.com/GoogleIsAStealer internet dumbarse put me in a combative mood. Have fun with your new toys I know I want one.