PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Thunderbolt (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=307)
-   -   Thunderbolt will be a nice upgrade (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139704)

animez 01-15-2011 12:25 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.414; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Everything I'm seeing about the Thunderbolt has me pretty excited. I'm currently saddled with an HTC Imagio with a cracked screen and I'm getting pretty tired of it. I'm due to upgrade in May and I'm looking forward to getting an upgrade in every category, including OS. Now if Roku would just add DLNA support I'll be all set. :)

jbh00jh 02-07-2011 06:34 PM

Re: Thunderbolt will be a nice upgrade

Yeah , I had an Imagio but dumped that sucker when the Incredible came out.
after using android for a year will never touch Windows again. :???:

AZTECHKA 02-07-2011 06:41 PM

I've used the EVO for a month now... I have no alliance... I will use windows again...
I will use whatever suits my needs and looks cool at the same time. Which is why I went to the EVO. The Thunderbolt does look like an amazing machine on paper and it photographs well too.
I hope you enjoy it bro.
I'll be reading some of the posts about it.
p.

Kliptik 02-08-2011 08:15 PM

Yeah I'm seriously considering the Thunderbolt if VZW doesn't announce WP7 at MWC next week... Not super excited about Android, but the specs on the phone are pretty awesome!

AZTECHKA 02-08-2011 08:31 PM

What is funny to me is that I don't know why you would need dual core processors and all that jaz when Android seems to not be too demanding.
Which was my entire argument with WP7 and the 1gz processor.
My evo handles everything I've thrown at it and only a slight hiccup here or there.
But otherwise... I'm cool with it.
I'll surely get something MUCH better next year when I upgrade... But for now... I'll enjoy the EVO.
And I'm sure the OP will enjoy the Thunderbolt.
p.

jbh00jh 02-12-2011 09:11 PM

The Thunderbolt has a second generation Snapdragon 1GH processor , not a dual-core processor. It had a quadrant score of 1950 , how fast do you need to be ??

TXGTOU 02-19-2011 05:58 AM

I'm currently using an HTC Touch Pro 2 and am hoping to jump on the Thunderbolt when it becomes available. The only problem is Verizon isn't very forthcoming about when the Thunderbolt will be available, and as a consumer, I find that a little unacceptable. I'm hearing everything from the 21st, 24th, and 28th of this month as far as release dates go. Oh well.

FP5241 02-22-2011 11:46 AM

I'm also looking to upgrade from a TP2. I will miss the keyboard but I will most certainly not miss the lack of power. I am thankful for all I have found here to make the TP2 as usable as possible but it is time for a change. This will be my first Android device.. :)

TXGTOU 02-23-2011 07:17 PM

Looks like we'll be waiting even longer than the 28th if the rumors are true. A Facebook page is reported to show mid-March as the release date. I don't think anyone has found out if this page is an actual Verizon/HTC page or just someone having a little bit of fun at our expense...

jbh00jh 02-24-2011 07:34 AM

That facebook page is a hoax. VZW said it was not their page.