PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt > HTC Thunderbolt Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Grand Prix is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Rom][TeamGTP] Gingerbreaton 1.0

TeamGTP presents Gingerbreaton for the HTC Thunderbolt

After working on gingerbread in the little amount of free time yoda1 and I have had, we both feel it's to a point where we would like to share it with all of you. Overall we are sticking to the ideas we started with, simplicity, stability and speed. You'll see all three of those reflected in our latest build. There are many other changes that are planned including a toolbox and a few themes by yoda. Also as of right now this build is sense 2.1. We will be adding in sense 3.0 and 3.5 as soon as we finish getting everything ported over ourselves. Also, I am gonna do my best to credit everyone I can, if I forget to credit you for something feel free to send me a pm and I'll correct it

Screenshots coming soon

With this rom you are going to want to use the official mr3 release radio.
Download 605 PG05IMG zip
md5: b3b66ac02d37ab4140235ca5e93a9b11

Download (flash through clockwork):
Download gingerbreaton zip
md5: 9f99f3e24ce7025cd369e3b9851d8909

Features:
Quote:
2.11.605.5 Base
Deodexed/Rooted/Busybox/Debloated/zipaligned
6 bar signal
Added Titanium Backup
Added Rom Stats (please opt-in only collects what device you are running and rom version)
Removed Recent Apps
Expanded 4-in-1 reboot menu (thanks to deck who let me reference his source and scuccia who revised it for the tbolt)
Got rid of paginated scrolling in app drawer (thanks to skyraider team)
Removed wood, and metal themes
Added a few subtle theme tweaks and animations (courtesy of UOT kitchen)
Custon "gas guage" battery icon
Removed Gps Icon
Added chainfire3d openGL drivers for smoother animations and better overall performance (thank you chainfire)
- You can download chainfire 3d app from the market to manage the drivers but they are preinstalled
Tweaks to system for performance and battery life (A thanks to imoseyon whose write ups on android memory management inspired me to tweak the memory and for his scripts)
Minor edits to build prop
cron task schedule set to dropcaches everyday at 3am(thanks again imo)
Swap enabled at default
Ziggy471's latest kernel (thanks ziggy!)
Planned Features:
Quote:
Toolbox (we are constantly working on this and hopefully will have it incorporated soon)
A planned release for updates in the theme
Smooth battery icons for charging and %'s
Sense 3.0 and 3.5 runnymeade variants
If you are not currently running the radio and want to flash our rom flash the radio first in hboot. With your phone plugged in to your computer open up adb and use the "adb reboot recovery" command to go right from hboot to clockwork and flash the zip file you downloaded above. If you need help with this just ask and I will walk you through it. Also, if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask on our forums at www.gtpdevs.com • Index page, we will be more then happy to help fix any issues

[*]We request that you do not mirror any of our roms without express permission from either yoda1 or Grand Prix.[*]
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Grand Prix is just getting started
Re: [Rom][TeamGTP] Gingerbreaton 1.0

Reserved for further use
Old 11-07-2011, 11:14 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Nice to see some development and an actual rom release posted here by a member. Thanks for your efforts and for sharing with us over at XDA, as well as here at PPCG. Your efforts and presence are greatly needed here.
I would love to see more development here for any device, but to see anything for our already aging Thunderbolts is a welcomed surprise at this point. Looking forward to some Sense 3.0 and 3.5 roms from you.
Thanks again!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: motorola xoom
Carrier: verizon

katendale is a n00b

I installed gingerbreaton 1.0 through rom manager and love it. I didn't install the new Mr3 radio. I still have baseband version 1.39.00.0627r which is the Mr2 radio. It works great but should I install the Mr3 radio? Thanks
Old 11-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Thanks for posting your rom!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:51 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Nice to see devs from xda posting roms here.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt > HTC Thunderbolt Development