PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 10:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kris926 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exchange mail (Gmail) on Sprint Snap

I recently activated a Snap on Sprint. So far, I think I like it. I miss some of the glitz and features of WM Pro but I'm starting to appreciate the simpleness of the Snap. One problem that I have is getting Gmail to push on this phone. I had it working fine on my Diamond but have had basicly no success on this phone. I have it set up as instructed on Google's page. The calendar seems to sync OK but I keep getting a sync error on the mail. Strangely, I still get some of my read mails in the inbox after a failed sync but not all of them. I do not get any new ones pushed. This just may be a Google problem but has anybody had similar problems with Gmail or another exchange mail on this phone or WM Standard?
Thanks!
Old 10-18-2009, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Rooted Stock 1.47
Carrier: SPrint

playya is becoming a great contributor
Re: Exchange mail (Gmail) on Sprint Snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris926 View Post
I recently activated a Snap on Sprint. So far, I think I like it. I miss some of the glitz and features of WM Pro but I'm starting to appreciate the simpleness of the Snap. One problem that I have is getting Gmail to push on this phone. I had it working fine on my Diamond but have had basicly no success on this phone. I have it set up as instructed on Google's page. The calendar seems to sync OK but I keep getting a sync error on the mail. Strangely, I still get some of my read mails in the inbox after a failed sync but not all of them. I do not get any new ones pushed. This just may be a Google problem but has anybody had similar problems with Gmail or another exchange mail on this phone or WM Standard?
Thanks!
Try and sync one thing at a time and see if that helps, first do contacts only then calendar only...etc...
Old 10-19-2009, 08:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kris926 is just getting started
Re: Exchange mail (Gmail) on Sprint Snap

Thanks for the suggestion but it's a no go. I now believe it's a Gmail issue. I tried again on my Diamond and got the same result. It was nice while it lasted. Hopefully Google will fix this.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap