PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Snap (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Do I need to switch plan to get the Snap? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88859)

2kmy477 10-05-2009 11:57 AM

Do I need to switch plan to get the Snap?

I was at a local BestBuy store yesterday and tried to get the Snap for one my lines in my account which is up for upgrade,the gal there kept telling me that I have to switch to the Everything Data Plan in order to get this phone(I'm currently on the F&F 550),was she right?if no,what do I need to tell her if i want to get it w/o switching plan?they're currently running a promo now for $0 w/2 yr contract(no rebate),please help.

kris926 10-05-2009 01:23 PM

Re: Do I need to switch plan to get the Snap?

This phone is not restricted like the Pre or Instinct. You should be able to activate it on almost any plan. The catch may be the rebate. In order to get the discounted price on the new phone, you may have to be on certain plans. I would check again and see if that is the case. If so, you can pay full price for it or buy one from Ebay, etc. and then activate it on your account.
Good luck!

mulhiny 10-05-2009 08:12 PM

I just bought a Snap at Best Buy this Saturday for $29. You must have at least a $15 data plan, but not an Everything Data Plan. I called Sprint to get this info before heading over to the store. Nice deal getting one for free. Best Buy told me they are dropping it. I got the last one from our local store.

-Sin- 10-16-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 1216052)
I just bought a Snap at Best Buy this Saturday for $29. You must have at least a $15 data plan, but not an Everything Data Plan. I called Sprint to get this info before heading over to the store. Nice deal getting one for free. Best Buy told me they are dropping it. I got the last one from our local store.

WHAT!?!?! there is a 15 dollar DATA PLAN? how much data are u supposed to use within the moth, ??

Rafy0003 10-16-2009 12:11 PM

The Snap does not have no restrictions, There is an unlimited Data plan for 15$, For Windows Mobile you do not even need a Data plan at all.

gmfeny 10-18-2009 10:19 PM

Im on a shared plan right now and my line has the unlimited data and the other line doesn't will I have to get a different plan if I wanted the Blackberry Tour

mulhiny 11-01-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sin- (Post 1239774)
WHAT!?!?! there is a 15 dollar DATA PLAN? how much data are u supposed to use within the moth, ??

lol..actually due to some difficulties in the past Sprint discounts my $15 plan to a $2.50 unlimited data plan!

1994MGoBlue 11-03-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 1288060)
lol..actually due to some difficulties in the past Sprint discounts my $15 plan to a $2.50 unlimited data plan!

Yeah, thanks to Sprint Customer Retention I'm sporting a $5 unlimited data plan - known as the $15 Data Pack @ http://www.sprint.com/landings/attachables/# . For a brief moment (while switching between representatives) I had this elusive $2.50 data plan but rep #1 said that was a problematic code and that plan would bite me down the road. He offered me the $5 plan, which I was totally fine with.

How long have you been on the $2.50 plan? Any truth to the "system glitch" line I got?

I should add that I too tried to get the Snap at Best Buy with this unlimited data plan and got NOTHING BUT HASSLE. I eventually gave up and had Customer Retention mail me the phone. Time will tell if the $100 rebate is honored, I was told it would.

N7AS 12-01-2009 06:38 AM

I was thinking of going for the HTC Hero, but didn't want to switch plans. I have been a Sprint customer for over 9 years and have gotten alot of free stuff over the years which amounts to almost the same as the EDP. I went from a Motorola Q9C (actally 3 of them) to the Snap (3 of them also). I went to Radio Shack and they were free as an upgrade. He had to find 2 of them at another store that he shipped in for me. I renewed my contract a day or so before and Sprint credited me $50 for the 2 lines. I then activated the 2 Snaps and it just added a day to my contract. So Sprint actually paid me $100 to haul 2 Snaps away. A couple of week later, I called Radio Shaxk again and the found one more Snap and shipped it in. Activated it and got a free month of service. I think I got the last 3 from Radio Shack on the west coast as I was told.

1994MGoBlue 12-19-2009 02:34 PM

A quick follow-up, a pleasant surprise, the $100 rebate on my Snap showed up in under 8 weeks. And I'm chugging along happily on the $5 unlimited data plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1994MGoBlue (Post 1295382)
Yeah, thanks to Sprint Customer Retention I'm sporting a $5 unlimited data plan - known as the $15 Data Pack @ http://www.sprint.com/landings/attachables/# . For a brief moment (while switching between representatives) I had this elusive $2.50 data plan but rep #1 said that was a problematic code and that plan would bite me down the road. He offered me the $5 plan, which I was totally fine with.

How long have you been on the $2.50 plan? Any truth to the "system glitch" line I got?

I should add that I too tried to get the Snap at Best Buy with this unlimited data plan and got NOTHING BUT HASSLE. I eventually gave up and had Customer Retention mail me the phone. Time will tell if the $100 rebate is honored, I was told it would.