PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Snap (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Htc snap - horrible design (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86093)

FAST5 09-20-2009 11:43 AM

Htc snap - horrible design

I realize that I am simply venting my frustration, however I felt it necessary to share my thoughts with you.

I originally owned an HTC Touch Pro, which accidentally got run over the other day after it fell off the roof of my car.

So I walk into Best Buy (I have the Black Tie Protection Plan) and show them the remains of the Touch Pro. They quickly send it off and furnish me with a brand new loaner HTC Snap for the next 10 or so days. After 24 hours, I am convinced that this is one of the worst phones ever designed.

How do you guys even use this thing? Relatively no aftermarket software support, PPM Backup doesn't even work, pixelated icons galore, microscopic keyboard, a camera that looks about the same as a drawn picture, no flash, and websites are practically as good as they were back in 1993. The only thing good about this phone is it appears to have stronger battery life than the Touch Pro. Then again, of course it does. What the hell does it do other than give you the time and answer phone calls?

Seriously, this phone should be inducted into the hall of shame.

fixxxer2012 09-20-2009 07:31 PM

Re: Htc snap - horrible design

](*,)

i played with one and i actually like it, seems like a blackberry to me. and your wrong, alot of apps will work just fine for it, you just have to search. the only down fall to this device is it is non touch screen. it also runs winmo standard not professional, the design looks good to me as well.

dougmwpsu 09-23-2009 12:38 AM

Hmm, actually I find this phone pretty awesome, but if that's the way you really feel, why not run it over and see if it fares any better than your Touch. Don't forget to post Youtube!

relisted 10-13-2009 10:04 AM

is the snap touchscreen?

kris926 10-13-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relisted (Post 1233982)
is the snap touchscreen?

No, it's not. It's a Windows Standard (smartphone) device.

Q_Q 10-14-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAST5 (Post 1180573)

I originally owned an HTC Touch Pro, which accidentally got run over the other day after it fell off the roof of my car....

So should you.

bmxracer38 10-14-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

I realize that I am simply venting my frustration, however I felt it necessary to share my thoughts with you.

I originally owned an HTC Touch Pro, which accidentally got run over the other day after it fell off the roof of my car.

So I walk into Best Buy (I have the Black Tie Protection Plan) and show them the remains of the Touch Pro. They quickly send it off and furnish me with a brand new loaner HTC Snap for the next 10 or so days. After 24 hours, I am convinced that this is one of the worst phones ever designed.

How do you guys even use this thing? Relatively no aftermarket software support, PPM Backup doesn't even work, pixelated icons galore, microscopic keyboard, a camera that looks about the same as a drawn picture, no flash, and websites are practically as good as they were back in 1993. The only thing good about this phone is it appears to have stronger battery life than the Touch Pro. Then again, of course it does. What the hell does it do other than give you the time and answer phone calls?

I had the same thing happen to me except i just dropped my touch pro and at first they gave a instinct as a loaner and i brought it back and siad this is a piece of junk i at least need a wm phone and the snap was the only one that they had at the time. I agree with FAST5, it is a horrible design, they keys are way too small and I can find very few apps that will with the phone. FAST5 r u waiting for the touch pro 2 to come out in best buy to get ur warrant y fulfilled?

fixxxer2012 10-17-2009 05:23 PM

don't feed the troll, he should of looked and played with one before he bought it. i for one wouldn't mind having this phone but im going with a hero.

eksasol 11-25-2009 03:21 AM

Quote:

Then again, of course it does. What the hell does it do other than give you the time and answer phone calls?

You have to put it into perspective. The snap costed $29 after the $150 upgrade discount. I don't know how much it was for the Touch, but the Touch Pro2 costed me $400. That's a big difference. Besides, if you spend time flashing the rom and getting all the fixes and extra apps, it become more usable.

We are spoiled from all these technologies. I first only had a phone can could only tell time and dialed. Then I got the Snap and later upgraded to the Pro2. After I realized of all the functions it can do, now I feel its the most important device I own. Now that I'm spoiled I can go back :(

chains666999 01-18-2010 12:59 AM

well i had some thing like that happen i had the mogul then it just stopped charging after 3 phones later they gave me the snap and i still hate the key pad but hell i haven't paid for a phone in 10 years the company doesn't like arguments w/ me lol so new phone every year