PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Snap (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Snap as modem via USB (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83405)

gtsps 09-08-2009 09:02 PM

Snap as modem via USB

OK so I've been looking on here for an hour or better trying to figure out how to get this friggin Snap to work as a modem. I keep seeing people say to download this and download that and go to the registry bla bla bla. I'm not a I computer wizard and I just want this flippin thing to work. I've downloaded a few different programs now and some will isntall and some wont. Every time I try to connect to internet sharing it comes up with code 67 I believe it is and says something about a sprint user name and password. I don't recall ever getting a sprint username and password so I have no idea what they are talking about. I don't know how to get into the registry to change anything thoug I've downloaded a program that is supposed to allow me to but when I try to open the program it says I need to open the app then open the program while in the app. I have no idea what this means.

So can someone please explain to me in detail step by step in laymens terms how to make this phone tether with my computer for internet sharing via a USB cable?

If it matters the plan I have is Sprint's Simply Everything plan.

Thanks so much for any help!

SPIK3 09-09-2009 01:41 AM

Re: Snap as modem via USB

1 Attachment(s)
Install the cab in the attached file, reboot your phone and it should work.

letmusiclive 09-15-2009 12:16 AM

That has always worked for me, both on the Vogue and my wife's Snap. Good Luck!

megagprime 09-21-2009 11:50 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIK3
Install the cab in the attached file, reboot your phone and it should work.

is this tethering cab make ur carrier not see your tethered?

gprimr1 09-21-2009 12:52 PM

Tethering and internet sharing are different. (At least to me)

Tethering is using the phone as a modem, where you dial #777 and connect. It uses the PAM plan, which isn't available with the everything plan.

Internet Connection Sharing (the cab described here), allows your computer to share your phones connection. Your phone makes the connection to Sprint, not you, so it looks to Sprint like the phone is connected. And with more data intensive apps available, it's getting easier to hide ICS.

Both require a USB cable.

ljones 10-31-2009 01:59 PM

how do you install and open that zip file, and does it get installed to the computer or phone?

ljones 10-31-2009 02:00 PM

how do you install that zip file, and does it get installed to the computer or phone?

bmxracer38 11-01-2009 03:53 PM

you install the cab/zip file to your phone, then reboot it, then either connect your phone through USB or bluetooth to your computer and open up internet sharing(on your phone) and hit connect and wait for the screen to say connected and your good to go. your computer will have to install some drivers for it to work, but it will do thos automatically.

BooDaddy 12-02-2009 02:47 AM

Does this work after the phone reboots? Does the settings get reverted back due to CMGuardian being on the phone?

eazypic 12-02-2009 10:20 PM

Ok - im not really understanding how to get this set up - new to smart phones.

I was going to add the phone as a modem to my plan ( basic data on the Htc Snap ) they want to chare me another 30 for doin it, i think not after telling me I wouldnt have to. - whatever.

ok,
so it is possible to connect using my snap from my laptop with out adding all that junk and not getting charged ?

and can some one please help, walk me thru the steps on how to set it up ?

so far ive installed the drivers on the pc, can get a connect LOCAL to the pc, but cant connect out - kills my data link when usb is connected to the pc.

thanks in advance!