PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

robertrulez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post here if you love your Snap!

I do.

Sure I would probably have preferred a blackberry but not being able to type more than 160 characters is a deal breaker ladies.

Seriously this phone is such an improvement over that awful Diamond,*shudders*, my snap takes better pictures and doesn't take forever to do so, it's 100x faster, I can type a text message pronto without all that ****ty touchscreen lag, the sound quality and speaker is fantastic, GPS is a SNAP and so is the web, I remember using google maps on my Diamond and the GPS would take like 20 when the snap is less than 5. Sure it isn't as fancy and the browser is pretty crappy but damn for what it does it does it well. All this for $185 and not signing a new contract, no complaints here what so ever.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Snap

dougmwpsu is a n00b
Re: Post here if you love your Snap!

I totally agree actually, and not just because I want to justify my purchase This phone is very fast, there's hardly any lag performing any function or opening any program. The keyboard is much nicer than many professional reviews led me to believe and for a "low end" WinMo phone it's extremely feature packed.

My biggest complaint is that it look a bit of digging and research to set the phone up to be 100% utilized, but that's par for the course for any Microsoft product. Nearly every concern I had from a software perspective was addressed with some tweaking, hacking an a new browser. If it wouldn't have made my plan 2x as expensive I might have gotten the Pre, but for 50 bucks upgrade price(bestbuy, in-store), I'm not looking back.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Lord Bricks is just getting started

this phone is the best dumb/smart phone i have ever owned. very fast access to programs, no lock ups or freezing, functional GPS, etc..... the list goes on.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone
Carrier: Verizon

clonmac is a n00b

I have an Ozone and I totally love it! I was coming from a HTC Apache and I had my Apache completely customized to how I wanted it with all the apps I could ever need installed. So my next phone had some big shoes to fill.

My first apprehension about the Ozone was that it didn't have a touchscreen. After using it now for a couple months, I don't mind not having a touch screen at all. All the keyboard shortcuts are very easy to use and I actually do a lot of things much faster than I would with a touchscreen.

The built-in GPS is amazing and it is so nice to have a functional GPS on a phone.

This phone is so fast and it fits all my needs, which is no short list!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WM6.1 Standard
Carrier: Sprint HTC SNAP

ismrtfloralpark is a n00b

This phone is awesome. No touch screen but you dont need it. Its very very fast. Only issue is with IE. No problem with skyfire or opera mini. FAST FAST FAST. I said that. I do not know if WM6.5 will be available for upgrade but the balance now is the best I have seen on a winmo phone. I really do LOVE MY SNAP.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:34 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

im actually thinking about buying this phone as my next upgrade. not too sure about the no touch screen though.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900 --> HTC 6850 --> TP2!!, HTC Snap (Wife's)

letmusiclive is becoming a great contributor

Wife says that she will not go back to a touch screen after using her Snap... She has not had any trouble at all with her phone, which has surprised me to be honest. The only thing keeping my from getting one is the screen size.
- John 3:21
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i don't use it myself but i think its an awesome entry level phone for someone trying to get into smartphone and windows mobile
Old 09-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TMerC is a n00b

Coming from the Touch Pro I got sick of touch screen phones. I'm really considering this phone now that I've actually read some good feedback from you guys. The touch screen is overrated and gave me frequent problems.

My biggest concern with this Snap was that it was running WMobile. Do you guys find it to be annoying? I know I got annoyed with it on the TP. But I don't really know what kind of WMobile the Snap is running, it looks like a WM6.5 type but not completely. What are your thoughts/opinions?

www.htc-snap.org

Last edited by TMerC; 10-03-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

hows the battery life. im thinking bout getting one and leaving my touch pro

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap