PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Q
Carrier: Sprint

MGS0LID is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen crack

My dad just bought a HTC Snap 16 days ago. Today I was playing with it and handed it back to him. An hour later he pulled it out of his pocket and the screen was all white except for a small area about 1 cm long and that was green. So we went to Best Buy to return it and get a new one but they said that the screen was cracked. They pulled out the battery and there was a small black line under the glass which apeared to be a crack on the actual LCD.
Best Buy said they could not return damaged phones. The problem lies in theres screen fracture being a manufactures defect because my dad was sitting on the couch the whole time and when he pulled it back out of his pocke it was broken.
We also viseted sprint because they are an actual HTC Repair center. Although they were not in they told us we were out of luck. I guess I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to get this fixed or returned due to a manufactures defect? This phone has been in his pocket the whole time and he has never droped it. The device is in perfect condition the screen just cracked in his pocket. Sprint said it was a pressure crack but after we talked to the guy I went to the demo unit and squeezed the screen REALLY hard and it did not even effect the bottom LCD.

2. Would Sprint customer service be able to help reslove this issue?

3. If all else fails can we back charge Best Buy for not taking a return?

4. Any one else have any suggestions to help assist in this matter?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900 --> HTC 6850 --> TP2!!, HTC Snap (Wife's)

letmusiclive is becoming a great contributor
Re: Screen crack

I would try Best Buy again, and be as persistent as possible, and even irate if necessary. Eventually you will get to a person who is able to actually do something. Usually they are so busy what they end up doing is actually providing customer service instead of bs.
- John 3:21
Old 09-16-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch

bob13bob is just getting started

doesn't sprint and all cell phone providers have a 30 day return thingy? I would go that route. That way you don't even have to waste your time in best buy.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell, T-Mobile, Sprint

foil is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmusiclive View Post
I would try Best Buy again, and be as persistent as possible, and even irate if necessary. Eventually you will get to a person who is able to actually do something. Usually they are so busy what they end up doing is actually providing customer service instead of bs.
I absolutely love people like you - "irate if necessary."
Get the f.uck outta here.
I don't work at Best Buy, but I do work for Sprint, and yeah, you do have the ability to return your equipment within 30 minutes of use, or 30 days, whichever comes first.
Other than that, it's a manufacturer issue, or if you pay the extra $7/mo. it'll be an in-store repair/out-of-store insurance issue with Assurion.
I would love to see the way you would react when you have ten thousand retards come in getting "irate" with you at your job when you do everything possible to help them, and when you do it's never good enough. Too many people scam us out of phones - hence the bull**** you have to deal with in order to get a legit replacement.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700/Apache

pio_masaki is keeping up the good workpio_masaki is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to pio_masaki Send a message via MSN to pio_masaki

foil I think the point they were trying to make is Best Buy is not known for customer service, at all. They want to spend the time to sell you something, then leave you on your own after the cash is handed over. I personally think sprint has great customer service, I've never been disappointed in 8 years of service with them.

But I agree, people have scammed sprint so much it's impossible to tell who is legit or not.
PPC 6700 (2.02 WM5>WM6.5) Sprint

Guide:Activate WM6.1/WM6.5 flashed phone without ##MSL# code
Guide:Android on the Apache
I know where the thanks button is, do you?
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell, T-Mobile, Sprint

foil is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to foil

Sorry about my comment above...I was having a bad day - dealing with people that decide to flip out on me as soon as they walk in, and I had to vent.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap

Tags
crack, htc, screen crack, sprint, warrenty