PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Patton is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Htc snap question!

Hello all,

I wanted to ask a question about my wifes HTC SNAP. I bought this phone for my wife several months ago and have never been able to get it set up right on the email for some reason.

For some reason she can only receive emails on her time warner email account, she can not send them.

Now I have the very old HTC Mogule and my mother has the TP1 and I set both of these phones up and can send and receive emails with road runner but on my wifes HTC SNAP it won't work.

Is there something special that I have to do in order to get this set up right on her phone?

Thanks for the help.

2nd question about HTC/Sprint phones in general is there away to set up the phones like the blackberry's have so you can delete a email from your phone but not have it deleted from your actually email account, or when you delete it from you email account it does not delete from your phone...ect... I know the blackberry's have a setting for this but have never seen a setting on any other phone that lets you do this.

Any ideas??
Old 12-07-2009, 11:39 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Htc snap question!

What settings are you using for outgoing mail?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Patton is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
What settings are you using for outgoing mail?
Uh will have to double check but they should be the exact same as i have used for my mogule and my mothers TP1 and the same that I use for my desk top pc.

I have actually sat her phone next to mine and re-set it up on my phone at the same time I am setting it up on her phone following the screens side by side and still can't get her's to work.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:04 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Huh odd. Have you tried wi-fi?
Old 12-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Patton is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Huh odd. Have you tried wi-fi?
No never thought to try Wifi because it receives emails just fine just dosen't allow her to send them.

I even asked one of the sprint guys at best buy about it and he said it should be abel to send and receive.

I know on my phone I have never been able to send yahoo emails. I can receive them, I can send and receive road runner and hotmail just can't send yahoo emails but that has never really bothered my to much.

Just wish I could figure out why my wife can't send road runner emails. She is a realtor and she really needs to be able to respond to emails on the go.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

have you spoke with road runner to verify that all the outgoing settings are correct? im assuming its using smtp, so make sure youre using the correct ssl settings, username ( do they require full user@domain.com?), and password.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 12-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the Snap Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Patton is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

have you spoke with road runner to verify that all the outgoing settings are correct? im assuming its using smtp, so make sure youre using the correct ssl settings, username ( do they require full user@domain.com?), and password.

Have not spoke with RR yet but guess I can check with them. It should be set up correctly because I set it up exactly the same way I have set mine up on my last two phones and the same way that I set my mothers up on her phone, but suppose it won't hurt to speak with them.

So is there anyway to set up non-blackberry phones to leave emails on the phone and not delete them from the pc? Or delete them from the phone but not delete them from the PC?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap