PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Rezound
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got the HTC Rezound yesterday

Btw, screenshot is built into the device stock which is cool!

Press and hold the "power button" and press "home key" and you got a screen shot.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:22 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
good to hear you are enjoying the device. I've been pretty content running it stock and adding Go launcher to play around a bit. LOL. The built in task manager is very useful as well. What's even more amazing is the dual core is really not being fully utilized yet with respects to hardware acceleration. ICS will bring that
Actually you aren't using dual cores at all unless the app specifically has SMP support. As for hardware acceleration, that existed since Froyo, what you didn't have is hardware accelerated UI which comes with ICS. There is only 1phone with hardware accelerated UI that is Gingerbread which I shall not name here lol (you can guess which lol)

Also how is your 4G? are you having the infamous 4g disconnect issue that happens to all 4g phones outside of NY?(and by all i mean samsung,motorola,htc,lg you name it) (asking cause I haven't left NYC just yet on a btrip but plan to in a month so wondering how it is and whether or not they fixed it yet, thinking if i should bring my wimax phone just in case :/)

Edit: Some googling around some are saying sense 3.5 has hardware accelerated ui option but is disabled by default *shrugs*

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 12-02-2011 at 01:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Actually you aren't using dual cores at all unless the app specifically has SMP support. As for hardware acceleration, that existed since Froyo, what you didn't have is hardware accelerated UI which comes with ICS. There is only 1phone with hardware accelerated UI that is Gingerbread which I shall not name here lol (you can guess which lol)

Also how is your 4G? are you having the infamous 4g disconnect issue that happens to all 4g phones outside of NY?(and by all i mean samsung,motorola,htc,lg you name it) (asking cause I haven't left NYC just yet on a btrip but plan to in a month so wondering how it is and whether or not they fixed it yet, thinking if i should bring my wimax phone just in case :/)

Edit: Some googling around some are saying sense 3.5 has hardware accelerated ui option but is disabled by default *shrugs*
Thanks for letting me know on the HW acceleration. Looking forward to it when it arrives

4g has been excellent on the Rezound with very little issues with disconnection or handoff to 3g. Initially I had the Razr and experienced multiple lost connections which I read is common along with the Bionic, so apparently the Rezound is better equipped to handle this or I'm just lucky. I know over the course of several days I tested both the RAZR and Rezound in my house which has 1-2 bar 4g coverage and the RAZR constantly lost signal. Worse yet it would not even switch to 3g....I usually average between 7 to 10mbps down and 5-6mbps up. There is one dead zone I've run into thus far on my travels to/from work. Verizon really has the area blanketed quite well.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 Mighty Rom
Carrier: Verizon

David J. is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Btw, screenshot is built into the device stock which is cool!

Press and hold the "power button" and press "home key" and you got a screen shot.
Thats where that screen shot came from!!!!!!!!

THANKS!!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 Mighty Rom

David J. is just getting started

One thing I have not yet figured out is on the home screen I have to tap for the weather to update although i have it supposedly updating when phone is turned on?

I would like it updated every like ten minutes or fifteen.

Anyone know how too?
Old 12-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

sarahsdaddy is a n00b

I've had mine almost two weeks. I've got a lot to learn about Android. I've yet to get it to synch with Exchange Activesync, and have heard the 2.3 broke Activesync and very few people have gotten it to work - major bummer. That's not an issue specific to the Rezound.

I also wasn't aware of Verizon's assault on tethering. I've still got to find how to do that (without paying them). I did it with my Touch Pro 2.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsdaddy View Post
I've had mine almost two weeks. I've got a lot to learn about Android. I've yet to get it to synch with Exchange Activesync, and have heard the 2.3 broke Activesync and very few people have gotten it to work - major bummer. That's not an issue specific to the Rezound.

I also wasn't aware of Verizon's assault on tethering. I've still got to find how to do that (without paying them). I did it with my Touch Pro 2.

Hello,

Regarding your issue with xchange, I've been connected with zero issues. Never had a problem with connecting so long as you have the proper server address, domain and password. Tethering will be addressed most likely when permanent root and s-off are achieved. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

sarahsdaddy is a n00b

I've gone through every iteration of user ID format, domain name, etc., and get nowhere. I was several hours into it before I googled the terms that revealed articles that many were having problems, and many that upgraded from earlier version had activesync break. Some were able to get it going again, many not. Aggravating to say the least.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

found this little tweak today. No root required which is great since we are still waiting on this here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-ap...-required.html

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Rezound