PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Ozone
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV-6700, HTC XV-6175
Carrier: Verizon

tarheelB&B is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Ozone

So i spoke with vzw about Rev A. on ur phone you are not going to see an indicator that says ur in Rev A. It will continue to say EV. Your speed tests will prove it you are in a rev A area, which is almost like every major Metro Area. Yes you do need to change your DUN settings in the ##PST route. it should urphone#@vzw3g.com. If you use verizons Mobile Broadband Connect there is an indicator on the bottom of the screen that reads Rev.A after you connect.

For the uninformed the way to tether is about the same on the ozone as any other winmo device

on the keypad press ##778 go to edit view info> M.IP Default Profile> change your login to urphone#@vzw3g.com

unfortunatley, again ICS control does not work but wmwifirouter does still work.

Last edited by tarheelB&B; 07-15-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone WinMo 6.5

WACOMalt is a n00b

Hi, I am new to verizon, but not new at all to winmo phones. I used to be on AT&T, with a blackjack2, and had to do quite a bit of messing around to get ICS to work on it (Because, like Verizon, AT&T strips their phones of their built in features, then charge to "enable" them)

Now I am with Verizon (as of yesterday) on an HTC Ozone, trying to get ICS to work. I installed the CAB for IntShrUI (as it is missing by default) but I have a few issues. If I launch IntShrUI, I see no options under the "PC Connection" list. Which should be USB right? I also see nothing under "Network Connection".

I tried typing in ##778 but when I went to edit, it asked for an unlock code? EDIT: I went to view instead, and see my MIP Defualt Profile is already fine, so I guess I ignore this section.

Now I have a few options here... On my old Blackjack2, under settings, connections, I had a "USB" option, not "USB > PC" like on the Ozone, and in there you could tell it how to use the USB. I could choose modem, or activesync. If I set it to modem, and had the modem drivers installed on my PC, then I could manually connect via the dial-up connection in vista. If I left it on activesync, I could just go to internet connection sharing, choose USB, and it would connect right away fine.

Also, not sure how much anyone knows about this, but when I got the phone, the verizon guy was cool and basically said that there is a way to trick Verizon's VZAccess program. You would get the 30 day free trial, and once you install it you change a setting, and it would basically not switch off on their end when you call and cancel. You still having the program working fine, and they never got the memo to not allow you any more. Thus you never pay a cent (as it should be).

last option is using PDANet, which seems to ...sort of... work. It cuts in and out on me all the time.. so yeah.

I went ahead and got the free VZAccess trial as the guy said (will cancel here shortly) So if I can find the hack that guy told me about that is my best option. If not? I need to get ICS, or USB modem working. Preferably I want them all to work.. so I can pick and choose (as it should be again).

So, if someone can help me get ICS working, that would be great, and if anybody knows anything about the VZAccess glitch I can exploit, that would be cool as well.

Thank you all for any help you can give me, this is a great forum!

Last edited by WACOMalt; 07-29-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6850
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

njmarchetti is keeping up the good worknjmarchetti is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACOMalt View Post
Hi, I am new to verizon, but not new at all to winmo phones. I used to be on AT&T, with a blackjack2, and had to do quite a bit of messing around to get ICS to work on it (Because, like Verizon, AT&T strips their phones of their built in features, then charge to "enable" them)

Now I am with Verizon (as of yesterday) on an HTC Ozone, trying to get ICS to work. I installed the CAB for IntShrUI (as it is missing by default) but I have a few issues. If I launch IntShrUI, I see no options under the "PC Connection" list. Which should be USB right? I also see nothing under "Network Connection".

I tried typing in ##778 but when I went to edit, it asked for an unlock code? EDIT: I went to view instead, and see my MIP Defualt Profile is already fine, so I guess I ignore this section.

So, if someone can help me get ICS working, that would be great, and if anybody knows anything about the VZAccess glitch I can exploit, that would be cool as well.

Before you start using Internet Sharing, you need to go into EPST (##778 send) from the Phone Screen,

Choose Edit
Password= 000000,
Press View Info
Select M.IP Default Profile,
Edit DUN NAI and change it to yournumber@vzw3g.com (this should match the above 'NAI' setting.)

Phone will reset. Now try using ICS. Should work fine.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone WinMo 6.5

WACOMalt is a n00b

Thanks, but I already did that. The ##778 menu is set up fine, but no connections are listed in ICS.

I went ahead and bought pdanet. working fine so far. Though I would still like to get this working for the heck of it.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc ozone & Samsung Omnia

mbeens44 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenak View Post
Been dying to find out more information on this device - I'm in need of a new phone and this showed up yesterday.

has one one had a chance to play with it? Is this a completely new device, or just new to Verizon?
Have the new Ozone and love it, but I am looking to see if the business card reader application that is on the Touch Pro is available for the Ozone.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone
Carrier: verizon

chevychompers is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACOMalt View Post
Thanks, but I already did that. The ##778 menu is set up fine, but no connections are listed in ICS.

I went ahead and bought pdanet. working fine so far. Though I would still like to get this working for the heck of it.
Check again, DUN NAI needs to be edited from yournumber@dun.vzw3g.com to yournumber@vzw3g.com. Take out the "dun"
Old 08-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700 xv6800 xv6900 Ozone

thenikonian is a n00b

wmwifirouter needs ICS to be installed for it to work. You start ICS first then start wmwifirouter. ICS does work on my Ozone. Options can not be changed in the drop-downs but when you hit connect. It will establish the connection. It works for both USB and WIFI via wmwifirouter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelB&B View Post
after some 6 hours of research i have found why icscontrol does not work. the program was written, as i understand from the xda forums, on the basis of a touchscreen end userie WinMo proffessional. This is why it wont work. However, installing the ICS cab from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=tethering+vzw seems to make wmwifirouter work. I may have to splurge and buy wifirouter if the developer doesn't fix ICS for the Ozone. I would much rather donate to him than wmwifirouter.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenikonian View Post
wmwifirouter needs ICS to be installed for it to work. You start ICS first then start wmwifirouter. ICS does work on my Ozone. Options can not be changed in the drop-downs but when you hit connect. It will establish the connection. It works for both USB and WIFI via wmwifirouter.

Yeah, so the issue is and has not been weather or not ICS works. And unless yoou are talking about using Wmwifi router as a wifi connection to USB or 3G to USB (I have not tested these) you do not "need" ICS. The WMwifirouter program is suffiucent enough. I know for a fact that you do not need it for any of the other connection features.

The program in question is ICSControl NOT ICS. ICS control gived the user the ability to use ICS in all the fuctions that wmwifirouter now does. And its free. I know that ICS works on the Ozone. ICS control does not work for the reasons mentioned earlier.

Also ICS is for creating a NDIS connection on your computer. Using the modem link creates a Dial up connection. The only real difference between the two is that the NDIS assumes a 10MBPS connection while the Dial up connection assumes at most a 921 Kbps connection. However if you open your task manager while using the Dial up connection provided by the Modem Link program, the max speed assumeed increases as you request more bandwith up until the cap. I have maxed out on 1.95 MBPS on both the Dial up Modem link connection and the NDIS ICS connection.

Last edited by tarheelB&B; 08-12-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 08-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900

evo2turbo is a n00b

So, how do you get an ICS connection without VZ access manager? I use ICS control on my XV6900 and it works fabulously. What's the trick to tethering on the Ozone with ICS control?

Many thanks!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo2turbo View Post
So, how do you get an ICS connection without VZ access manager? I use ICS control on my XV6900 and it works fabulously. What's the trick to tethering on the Ozone with ICS control?

Many thanks!
Again rhetoric issue here. ICS works fine on the Ozone. ICS control, that nifty program written that will allow you to route your data connection to wifi, Bluetooth or usb does not work on the Ozone. I used ICS CONTROL on my Xv6700 and it work perfectly.

There is no "trick" to get ICS to work on the Ozone. It works with the program called "modem link" after you of course change your DUN settings. However, it is a dial up connection and it doesnt like to burst the full Rev-a speed. You don't "need" VZW access manager. All VZWAM does is create a dial up connection in windows. you can do all this manually. I don't like VZWAM because i feel there is a way for them to track your tethering usage. Create a new dial up connection and make the phone number #777 and the usual credintials and you are set.
To get the NDIS connection that will allow you those rev-a bursts you need to install ICS on the ozone. If you use it instead of modem link, your computer will automatically detect the NDIS connection and allow our to receive the full rev-a speeds.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Ozone