PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Ozone

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc ozone
Carrier: verizon

rdbrett is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Ozone

Does a person have to pay more to access the gps? I believe I have unlimited data, can I access the gps with that? How do I do that? Thanks from a clueless ozone user!
Old 12-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV-6700, HTC XV-6175
Carrier: Verizon

tarheelB&B is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbrett View Post
Does a person have to pay more to access the gps? I believe I have unlimited data, can I access the gps with that? How do I do that? Thanks from a clueless ozone user!

Fortunately for you the Ozone IMHO is one of the most accessible open GPS phones. It is completely free. You can use any location aware app for windows mobile with it including Google Maps, Bing, Tom Tom. To Start Download Gmaps or Bing. Make sure u use the QuickGPS app on your phone. It somehow reduces the time it takes to get a gps fix. After doing all that make sure the option to use the gps is checked in what ever application you use.

Now USE of the GPS does not necessarily cost you. If you have the TomTom app you will never incur a data cost while using the GPS. But since you are with Verizon you're getting raped for data usage anyway, lol.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ozone
Carrier: alltel

crownking159 is a n00b

Just received my ozone today. It my first company phone. The down side is i'm coming from my Touch Pro and my wife picked up her new Droid...yes my wife's phone is cooler than mine. A sad day indeed.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:28 AM
jekyle

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

my ozone GSM is out of service since i travled outside US, can any one tell me how to switch to global network settings
Old 03-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone

swilbert80 is a n00b

Anyone know a good app for live tv on the ozone? Thanks.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownking159 View Post
Just received my ozone today. It my first company phone. The down side is i'm coming from my Touch Pro and my wife picked up her new Droid...yes my wife's phone is cooler than mine. A sad day indeed.

Most of the Droid owners I know, have it because its "in"... I asked one younger guy I know what his did special, and he said text and Facebook....I put on my best "shocked" face... heh

Old 04-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw.99 View Post
Most of the Droid owners I know, have it because its "in"... I asked one younger guy I know what his did special, and he said text and Facebook....I put on my best "shocked" face... heh

Re, the droid I agree and came away with that impression from trying it in the store. I was surprised by the sharp corners, not softly rounded like a newer device should be.
Somethings been bugging me about my ozone's kb backlite. No matter what I set it for I can only get about 7 or 8 sec before timeout. I've tried ticking the auto adjust or not and set the time for none or 30 sec or whatever and it just won't change.() It's certainly not a deal breaker, just an annoyance. I got it new on ebay, the rest of it is fine. I upgraded it to 6.5 right out of the box so I dunno if it had this affliction with the 6.1. There's got to be a reg edit. I follow directions well if anyone can point me. Thanks for any thoughts on the issue.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99

I had never noticed... Mine seems to be on a similar time table but I never really thought about it or tested that until you mentioned it...Im mainly a text, calendar and email user so i havent needed it for any longer than stock... If I see something though Ill be sure to link...
Old 04-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw.99 View Post
I had never noticed... Mine seems to be on a similar time table but I never really thought about it or tested that until you mentioned it...Im mainly a text, calendar and email user so i havent needed it for any longer than stock... If I see something though Ill be sure to link...
Yeah, it seems to be a flatly non functional adjustment. The screen lite works as set so I dunno. Surprised you didn't notice. When texting or emailing which I use alot, a brief pause is all it takes for the backlit keys to go dark. A mild annoyance for an otherwise awesome little device. I F'd up and had my first hard reset yesterday when I installed "battery plus pro". I was going to trial the standard v. And it said 6.0 supported, so I was a little nervous about putting it on, and as it turned out it was a bad idea. Once on it didn't work properly and then it wouldn't remove properly. Live and learn, then I thought maybe a HR will fix the kb lite issue....Nope.

Hey outlaw, what v. of opera mini works best on the ozone? I used a vga friendly v5 on my imagio and tp2 that worked well with those screens, I gotta check around, but was curious what a longtime ozoner is using.

Last edited by cbreze; 04-18-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Ozone