PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC MyTouch3G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Unlocking Mytouch 3g For other carriers (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121206)

StylinOnUm 05-14-2010 08:35 PM

Unlocking Mytouch 3g For other carriers

Im trying to unlock this mytouch 3g to make it fully functional on other carriers...any help?

ilyabyk83 10-18-2010 01:48 PM

Re: Unlocking Mytouch 3g For other carriers

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinOnUm (Post 1753396)
Im trying to unlock this mytouch 3g to make it fully functional on other carriers...any help?

Hii. Do you have the unlock Code?? You need to insert a different carrier's SIM card in your phone. Then it will ask you for an "unlock code" as it will try to sign on to a different carrier's network. And that is when you plug it in. It should be a long number, and don't search Google for it, as that number is generated from YOUR phone's IMEI number. You have 3 chances to enter the correct code to unlock it. If you make mistakes on all of the 3 tries, your phone will "brick", basically it will be useless. And if you try to get a warranty exchange, they'll know what happened. What you can do, is to contact T-Mo, and tell them that you are leaving the country for 2-3 months, and you want to use your phone overseas. Lie to them that you need it unlocked, basically. They'll take your IMEI number (that is why you don't try to Google for an unlock code) and they'll ask you to provide them an e-mail address for HTC to contact you there and send it to you. Once you get that unlock code "XXXXXXXX", you find a local AT&T Retail store, you go there and you ask to buy a SIM card ($5-10) (not many carriers sell their SIM cards), insert it into your MyTouch, and it will ask you for an unlock code. That is where you need to be extremely careful, make sure you don't make any mistakes. You will have 3 chances, before making your phone A BRICK! If you enter the correct code, and press "Submit or Enter" and you get a message back "Your phone is .............", then you are all good to go. Good Luck!

monkeyboy 10-22-2010 11:09 PM

will Tmo balk at giving me the code if it becomes obvious that my MyTouch is on Tmo prepaid?

ilyabyk83 10-23-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyboy (Post 1979630)
will Tmo balk at giving me the code if it becomes obvious that my MyTouch is on Tmo prepaid?

Prepaid or not, shouldn’t matter. Your argument is that you are going overseas, and you plan to take your phone with you. And you plan to buy that country's pre-paid SIM card. But since your phone is locked to only T-Mo, it won't read the other country's SIM card. That is why you want an unlock code, so once you get there, and plug that "other" SIM card in, it will say that it’s a wrong card and won't read it, you can unlock it then. I say that since you have prepaid, this case is even batter, because it’s more obvious that you want to take your phone on your vocation/business trip with you.
This had worked for me on 4 different devices. MyTouch 3G is going to be more better for you, you would rather take your GOOD phone, than buy some piece of crap over there. Give it a try, they won’t kill you if you try. Just make sure that they’ll understand that you are going over to “Italy” and you want to take your phone with you. (If they’ll ask anything about charging, tell them you are planning to charge it over USB connection with a computer.)

If all works, they will ask you for the “IMEI” number, located underneath of your battery. So make sure you use a phone other than the one in a question, to talk to them on. That number is the first number under the very first BAR CODE. 14 digit number, they will need only first 13 digits. Supply them with an e-mail that you check regularly, as HTC is going to e-mail you this code, there. This code is generated for YOUR IMEI number, so it will only unlock your device (So don’t try to sell it on eBay or anything).

After T-Mobile/HTC e-mails you with a code (usually up to 7 business days, but could be sooner), find your local AT&T store (NOT A RETAIL LOCATION, but AT&T store). Go in there, and buy AT&T SIM card ($5 I think), plug this card in instead of T-Mobile’s, it will not be able to log in to the network, here is where it will ask you for the unlock code. Supply it. BUT BUT BUT you have to be EXTREMELY careful here, there is a HHUUGGEE possibility you can “Brick your phone” on this step, so you got be careful. You have 3 tries to mess the entry up, before you “Brick” it. By the way, if you DO brick it, it voids your warranty and you got a useless and expensive piece of junk on your hands.

As soon as you supply it with a right code and you hit “Submit or Enter”, your phone will pop up with a dialog box saying that your phone is “Unlocked” or “Your phone is ready for a SIM card”, something along those lines.

Your phone is unlocked, and you saved yourself $40-50! Good Luck!!

qwerty% 08-10-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinOnUm (Post 1753396)

You can unlock your T-mobile My touch 3G phone from network lock using unlock code.Unlock code is the best and safest way to unlock phone.You can get the unlock code for your phone from TheUnlockArena.com here you need to specify your country,Current network,IMEI number of your phone.Then they deliver unlock code to you through mail with unlocking instructions.By using this instructions you can unlock your phone easily.After unlocking your phone you can use anywhere and use any GSM sim in it.