PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC MyTouch3G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
eclair 2.1 ROMS on mytouch?

trying to find a good 2.1 eclair ROM to flash on the Mytouch3G.

Also, I heard that it is very hard to root the ones with 3.5mm is this true? anyone have a link to the difference? Once I do root it, its the same as the older ones right?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Re: eclair 2.1 ROMS on mytouch?

Right now their are no good fully working 2.1 ROMs for the MyTouch LE/1.2. Developers are having a heck of a time with the drivers. Rooting can be done, it takes a bit of time. Here is a good how-to.

http://theunlockr.com/2010/03/11/how...ender-mytouch/

To me though it's not worth doing yet. I need a way to go back to the original Fender LE ROM.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
Right now their are no good fully working 2.1 ROMs for the MyTouch LE/1.2. Developers are having a heck of a time with the drivers. Rooting can be done, it takes a bit of time. Here is a good how-to.

http://theunlockr.com/2010/03/11/how...ender-mytouch/

To me though it's not worth doing yet. I need a way to go back to the original Fender LE ROM.

well I am talking about the old school mytouch3G, i heard they are easy to root, is this true? (the one w/o the 3.5mm out)

also, how about this ROM? Do you know anything about it? Does it look like a good 2.1?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654284
Old 04-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Threadstarter

there's also this ROM, which is apparently Donut with an eclair dump and sense ui

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...84#post6092684

But I dunno,

you think I should just get a G1 instead? are there ROMs with 2.1 and sense UI out for the G1 that work better?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

I really don't have a clue??? I am pretty new to android and the LE/1.2 is giving the developers fits right now, and I am not messing with my LE until I know its safe. The original MyTouch should be fine to hack away, but xda doesn't make it easy to learn or understand things.

You might want to check out androidforums.com if you find anything usefull post your findings here.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
I really don't have a clue??? I am pretty new to android and the LE/1.2 is giving the developers fits right now, and I am not messing with my LE until I know its safe. The original MyTouch should be fine to hack away, but xda doesn't make it easy to learn or understand things.

You might want to check out androidforums.com if you find anything usefull post your findings here.

naw this isn't an LE mytouch, so I am looking for a good 2.1 with sense for the original mytouch.

ya I am trying to get some data on a good 2.1 sense ui ROM for the mytouch at XDA and not finding very good explanations :S

I'll check out those android forums.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MY TOUCH 3g 3.5mm black

robman2100 is a n00b
Question Re: eclair 2.1 ROMS on mytouch?

I know that this is probably not the right place to post. But would anyone happend to have a back up of the original rom that shipped with the T-Mobile 3g 3.5mm Black. I have Succsessfully Rooted and changed to the 2.1 but i dont like it and want my phone back to Factory. Would somone happen to eighter know how to do this or be able to provide the Upgrade.zip that would do this. Please Help i want it back to the way it was. ME being a idiot did not back it up before doing it.

Thanks in Advandce

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC MyTouch3G