PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC MyTouch3G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: JuliusHoarkJD
Carrier: Crackit

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Yahoo to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadSquirrel
Can't hear other person when I receive a call

I just got this phone yesterday and I'm already having issues. For some reason when someone calls and I answer, I can't hear them, and the "Speaker" option is grayed out, but hold and mute are still usable. I've rebooted the phone and I'm about to try a hard reset, but this is just ridiculous. Anyone else had this problem?

In fact, I don't get any sounds at all, except notifications and ringers. Apps and games have no sound at all.

Last edited by UndeadSquirrel; 03-31-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Re: Can't hear other person when I receive a call

No issues here with my MyTouch Fender LE. Sounds like you may have gotten a lemon, exchange it for a new one ASAP.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 04-01-2010, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Yahoo to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadSquirrel

I read on the T-Mobile forums about a guy whose MyTouch started acting up like mine, and he had an interesting idea about why, and a solution:
Quote:
A few weeks back I tried to make a call on my phone and I wanted to use the speaker, when I brought up the menu to select "speaker", I noticed that the option was greyed out and so I couldn't enable it. After that I looked at the screen and it said it was dialing, but I heard no sound coming out. Next I clicked the volume control all the way down to mute and then all the way to max volume, still no sound. After ending the call I double-checked to make sure I wasn't connected to any bluetooth device, bluetooth was disabled. So then I tried to change the ringer volume and the speaker emitted its beeps letting me know how loud the ring volume was. That told me the speakers worked as well as the hardware responsible for generating sound. My next idea was to see if the media player had sound, so I played an mp3 from my sd card, no sound, went to youtube and played a few different videos, no sound. Called my friend, who was standing next to me, and when he answered he said he couldn't hear me speaking, I couldn't hear him either.

Something was seriously wrong with my phone so I bit the bullet and reset it to factory settings, the problem persisted. I took the phone to a TMobile store and they got me a replacement phone. The phone was working for 3 days and then the same problem occured. I got another phone (my 3rd phone) and this morning it has stopped working in the exact same way. I don't do any hacks or developer apps. There is no pattern to this except that it always seems like I'm at work when it happens.

UPDATE WITH SOLUTION: After thinking about this issue it occurred to me that the phone was behaving as if it had a bluetooth device connected to it. As an experiment, I went to my car which is paired with my phone and selected the audio source as my phone. At first it couldn't connect to my phone. So I looked at my phone's bluetooth setting and the status for my car's connection was "paired and not connected". I selected the connection on phone and retried with my car and bam, audio now works. I disconnected the phone from the bluetooth and sound was restored! So mytouch 3g has a bug in their bluetooth services. TMobile/HTC, hit me up if you are looking for a top-notch developer to fix your defects.
Unfortunately, this didn't work for me, though it sounded like the BT is the culprit.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Weird??? I don't use BT, so may be that is why I have never had the issue.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b

Well, I fixed it somehow. Seems that it had something to do with the SPL.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

well done!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC MyTouch3G