PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Att Tilt
Carrier: Tmobile

egypt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP SUPER BIG PROBLEM- No SVC, NO SPB, No Dialer!!

Ok so as of last night my spb mobile shell, spb weather, the green phone button to get to the dialing pad to make a call does not work. The SPB menu i had added no longer shows. It just stays on the old today screen it had before the add ons. No longer have the extra add-ons as mentioned above and above all it says i have no service so i cant recieve calls or anymore texts. Looked in the com manager and its not in airplane mode or anything. The files for those add ons are still on my device though. The contacts have dissappeared from my text messages that were there from before this happened and now just the phone numbers show. I have tried and tried and searched and searched but no luck in finding a solution. If anyone could help me in figuring out what maybe happened and what i could do that would be so helpful. I have an AT&T Tilt unlocked to Tmobile. Did it relock itself? I went out with a friend and the phone was in a tiny clutch purse so it could be that it was pressing buttons while in there but i have the S2u2 lock app added which is the only thing that works still. The keyboard i added no longer shows up either but as i mentioned its all still installed on the phone. Did a reset with the tiny button at the bottom but nothing comes back up. When its loading back up a whole bunch of error messages come up in regards to some of the apps saying its is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found. I tried syncing it to my laptop but the Windows Mobile Device just comes up with an error when its connecting it. I'd hate to loose everything because as many know it takes time in researching and learning and downloading all the tweaks for a phone. I have sprite backup but its not even showing the last backup i did. Please help me and direct me on what to do if you think you know what happened then that would help too. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: HELP SUPER BIG PROBLEM- No SVC, NO SPB, No Dialer!!

I would first recommend you try to backup anything that you want to save to your storage card or pc if you can. You could try uninstalling some apps and then reinstalling those apps again to see if that helps things wkrk again.If it was my phone I would backup stuff and do a hard reset. It sounds like there are several problems going on there and I don't know if you can spend the time to try to fix them one by one. A hard reset may be the only option that you have anyway. Good Luck to you!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

By the way, in case you don't know how to do a hard reset, you have to push and hold the talk and the end keys and ppush the stylus in the reset hole. Then follow the on screen directions.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tytnii
Carrier: mci

hamidsed is a n00b

Hi
If this Taypyk not considered this request, I am ashamed.
I'm from Iran. All external sites filtered here and only have access to a site. And maybe a few Days, I had access to the same site. You have requested. I may me is a software filter Afzarh breakers to send email.
Pre-before you have not thanked Kamal.
hamidseddigh62@gmail.com
Old 09-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

egypt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I would first recommend you try to backup anything that you want to save to your storage card or pc if you can. You could try uninstalling some apps and then reinstalling those apps again to see if that helps things wkrk again.If it was my phone I would backup stuff and do a hard reset. It sounds like there are several problems going on there and I don't know if you can spend the time to try to fix them one by one. A hard reset may be the only option that you have anyway. Good Luck to you!
UPDATE!!!
OK so I had to use my sprite backup create a backup so i could keep all of my files and then hard reset the phone. Now...question...I drug the SPB Mobile Shell, SPB Weather, Thumbapp Calendar, Kaiser Tweak, keyboard skin and Windows Mobile skin files from off the phone and just placed them on my laptop desktop. Now that I am starting with a clean slate, the service works (still unlocked ), I can use the green call button to make a call and the windows mobile device manager is recognizing and bringing up my phone on my laptop. Will i be able to drag those folders with the cabs etc from my laptop into my programs folder in my device from the WM Device manager or do i have to actually add the zip files and open in the phone?? In other words (in case im unclear) do i have to redownload all the cabs zip files for all the mods i made and open and load those into the phone, or can i just drag the folders from the previous load from my laptop onto my computer? Thanks for all your help.

P.S. after i hard reset, i restored that backup file and SPB menu still a no show, no other keyboard comes up aside from original and dialer is the default. So I hard reset again to start from scratch. Thanks
Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

egypt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidsed View Post
Hi
If this Taypyk not considered this request, I am ashamed.
I'm from Iran. All external sites filtered here and only have access to a site. And maybe a few Days, I had access to the same site. You have requested. I may me is a software filter Afzarh breakers to send email.
Pre-before you have not thanked Kamal.
hamidseddigh62@gmail.com
Sorry have no idea what you are talking about or whom...
Old 09-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

You will have to copy or move those cab files and data files that you extracted before you did your hard reset back to your device and click on/run those cab files to reinstall those programs. They have to be reinstalled first. You can't just reopen program files and expect them to work. If some files are data files like contacts, pictures, or audio files then yes you can just open them.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

egypt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
You will have to copy or move those cab files and data files that you extracted before you did your hard reset back to your device and click on/run those cab files to reinstall those programs. They have to be reinstalled first. You can't just reopen program files and expect them to work. If some files are data files like contacts, pictures, or audio files then yes you can just open them.
Thanks a billion for your help. Didnt work for me. My SPB mobile folder only had files in it but no cab and so did most of my other mods I had added. When i click on some it acts like its gonna run and then no luck. Looks like im gonna have to go thru the site like in the beginning and redownload the SPB MS, SPB Weather, Calendar, better keyboard etc. SUCKS!!! lol Thanks anyway tho.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

That sucks. FYI Most cab files would probably be in the My Documents Folder or in the main My Device section when you open File Explorer.If you already hard reset though they are gone now. Well, I wish you Luck !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser