PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 07:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6900 Touch/HTC Vogue [CDMA]
Carrier: ntelos

jtaylor1981 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jtaylor1981 Send a message via Yahoo to jtaylor1981
Question I Need Help w/ My AT&T Tilt & Different Network Settings!!

Hello All!!

Its been a long time since I've been on here & I am loving all the new stuff I am seeing!!

I need a little bit of help...

I am changing Service Carriers from AT&T to nTelos & I DO NOT want to get a new phone. I LOVE my Tilt & have done SO MUCH custom stuff to make it a little bit more me (I mean Hours upon Hours of Downloads, Programs, Custom S2U2 Battery/Weather/Wallpaper fixes). Just the idea of having to do it all over again makes me want to cry. Is there ANY way I can change my current AT&T network setting so that my phone can be use on the nTelos network? nTelos has the PPC-6800 (which is comparable to the AT&T Tilt so I know that the "Phone" shouldn't be a problem since they support PPC phones) so how do I change the current setting to make it w/ the ntelos Network? Any help anyone can give would be MUCH Appreciated! I am DESPERATE!

Thanks in advance for your time & help!!
Radio: 2.23.00

Old 04-16-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor
Re: I Need Help w/ My AT&T Tilt & Different Network Settings!!

I'm sorry to break it to you, but that's not gonna happen. It seems nTelos is a CDMA carrie:r, like Sprint, Altell, Verizon, ect. AT&T is a GSM (SIM card) carrier like TMobile, Emmix Wireless, and the rest of the world. You may be able to get them to activate another CDMA carrier's phone (depending on thier policy on that) sorry

P.S. I'll be willing to take the Tilt off your hands if you deside to change (I'll pay you for it of course)
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)

Last edited by JoeBobOneHalf; 04-16-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6900 Touch/HTC Vogue [CDMA]
Carrier: ntelos
Threadstarter

jtaylor1981 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jtaylor1981 Send a message via Yahoo to jtaylor1981
Unhappy Re: I Need Help w/ My AT&T Tilt & Different Network Settings!!

That's what I was afraid of!!! That makes me SO UPSET!! I really didn't want to have to do all that. What would you suggest I do about all my upgrades & stuff? I spent SO much time & money getting EVERYTHING on my new phone? I have only had the Tilt for about a year but haven't used it in about 5 months. I really hate the thought of having to put ALL those programs on the new phone that I'll get w/ nTelos. Grrrr!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 02:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor
Re: I Need Help w/ My AT&T Tilt & Different Network Settings!!

do a backup on your tilt's files and programs, like with SPB backuo, get an nTelos win_mo phone and you will at least have your programs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser