PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Lurker

tnayrbj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (UPDATE!! 03/29) Josh's Kaiser Roms+Kitchen (21198 Speed!!:))

Wow two post of this, that is great. Nice to see you here

Thanks
Jon
Old 04-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond- MightyRom 4.R3BORN
Carrier: Sprint - Radio 1.04

jtpindc is a n00b

not sure if my brother can use this Rom, does it require Winmo 6.1 + ?

he has the at&t HTC 8525 and HTC Tilt but doesn't have the data plan on it(he has a 4-year voice plan with add-on text messaging service)
so we're not sure if he can connect the phone to the laptop for internet surfing like I can on Sprint's HTC Diamond with MightyRom

can he use the internet sharing app(phone as a modem) and not get charged? (does this Rom have it installed and tweaked)

would appreciate any advice on this
Old 04-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Lurker

jfish222 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpindc View Post
not sure if my brother can use this Rom, does it require Winmo 6.1 + ?

he has the at&t HTC 8525 and HTC Tilt but doesn't have the data plan on it(he has a 4-year voice plan with add-on text messaging service)
so we're not sure if he can connect the phone to the laptop for internet surfing like I can on Sprint's HTC Diamond with MightyRom

can he use the internet sharing app(phone as a modem) and not get charged? (does this Rom have it installed and tweaked)

would appreciate any advice on this
No Data Plan = No Phone as modem. The concept of Phone As Modem is that you are using the phone's data plan to provide internet.

IF he gets the data plan, then your second concern comes into play. ATT/Sprint/etc all want you to pay extra for phone as modem usage. The "fix" you speak of basically has your phone pass on the data without "dialing" into the phone companies tethered data plan. I'm over simplifying a bit but hopefully you get the idea. IF you you get the unlimited data plan, I persoanlly am a fan of June Fabrics PDANet application for providing this functionality as it has nice bells and whistles, but there are a number of applications that provide what you're looking for.

Hope I helped, I'm a complete nube when it comes to flashing but can at least help out with the simple stuff.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

bennyj77 is becoming a great contributor

Hey,Josh. I want to try your ROM, but I wanted to ask what apps come with your ROM? And also has anyone tried your ROM with radio 1.59.46.12. That's what I'm using and it kicks ***!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:20 PM
duncan.h.j

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hi I am looking for a Hermes WM5 Kitchen with OEMS, package, instructions, flashing tools etc. Just got a Hermes, have used kitchens and roms on my Apache before ie.ppcgeeks.com ftp. They've great especially been able to tick selections in BuildOS. Hermes is a bit different. There seems to be plenty of links here & on google for WM6, 6.5 kitchens for Hermes but no WM5 (WM5's history) So trying to get a copy off someones hard drive. The forums are great have read up on Hermes XDA wiki. Tried breaking down a HTC WM5 stock rom with Hypercore kitchen (nerve racking). Haven't completed that yet but was wondering if you or you know someone or could have links to a Hermes WM5 kitchen. I am a bit of a WM5 fan have used it since I've had my Apache & am happy with it. Don't like alot of junk & the lack of being able to really customise and play with a stock rom.
Thanks for your help. I hope you don't mind the request.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser