PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 03:07 PM
missmisha

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Question Ringtones From Memory Card

Hello,

How do you get the ringtones from your storage card to show up in the drop down ringtone menu when trying to set the default or individual ringtones? We have tried keeping the ringtones out of a folder and that did not work...we have also tried putting one of the ringtones in the folder where the other ringers are located and that also failed.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan II
Carrier: Mobilink

javedmasih is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ringtones From Memory Card

Reason is that you are placing your ring tone at wrong place. Copy that ring tone from memory card and paste to your device's main memory in My device --> My documents --> My Ring tones. Hopefully, It will work.

Javed
Old 11-03-2008, 04:19 PM
missmisha

Exclamation Re: Ringtones From Memory Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by javedmasih View Post
Reason is that you are placing your ring tone at wrong place. Copy that ring tone from memory card and paste to your device's main memory in My device --> My documents --> My Ring tones. Hopefully, It will work.

Javed
I have tried that and it did not work. I have also noticed that I can not get the WMP to recognize and update the music from my memmory card (which I heard could also cause the problem). I have taken out and re-inserted the memory card and still nothing.

Any other suggestions?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Kaiser/Tilt
Carrier: Fido

Exitao is a n00b

Hi! It sounds to me like it is probably a problem with the file format (i.e. encoding).

What's the file extension? Depending on your ROM, you may have access to more or less media types and bitrates.

Use a conversion utility to convert some of them them to wav and see how that works.

I've seen strange things too when it comes to where a ROM will recognise ringtone and notification sounds. Usually, placing a file on the root of the storage card will make it recognised as a ringtone.
This doesn't always work for notifications (e.g. alarms), whereas it seems to only work on my current ROM if I convert it to a wav file and place it in the Windows directory of the device.

I find this annoying as he... um... heck. I used to have this type of problem on my smartphone (HTC Tornado), but when they finally got stable WM6 ROMs running on it, it suddenly found most mp3 files acceptable for all uses, regardless of where it was stored.
If anyone does know how to make that work, please let me know.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:25 PM
BigSmooth

If you are running 6.0 it has to be in mp3 format just leave them on your storage card, do not put them into any folders. If you are running 6.1 go to www.mixer.com and create an account and up load the songs from your computer and have them sent right to your phone.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:18 PM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Radar 4G Windows Phone
Carrier: Straight Talk

oZo is just getting started

Put them in the My Ring Tones folder as mentioned above.
Browse to them with File Explorer.
Scroll to the intended file, hold the stylus down on the file.
The little circle of dots appears and pops up a context menu.
One choice is Use as Ring Tone.
Select it and you will get the confirmation dialogue.
You're Done.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt

Falaniz is a n00b

Putting the ring tones in My Ring Tones Folder and then then designating it as a ringtone (as noted above) works. Unfortunately the ringtone doesn't appear in the drop-down menu so it can't be used for notifications, etc. The solution for this problem is to put the ringtone in the root directory AND in the My Ring Tones Folder. Then it will appear in the drop down menu and can be used for notifications, etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser