PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: Cingular

srparret is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Today Screen

Hey i've just gotten my tilt...(had a mogul before) and i was wondering if theres a today screen addon out there w/ lots of quick load app, and contact space, but doesn't lag my tilt down...also the dialer is ugly as sin so i was wondering if there was a better one than that??
Old 10-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S
Carrier: ATT

shovelhead84 is a n00b
Re: Today Screen

Not sure if this is what you want but I have been using it for about 2 weeks now. Very fast and responsive. Adds quick contacts tab and program launch tab with plenty of slots. Some of the skins you can get for it (i use vista) add slots giving you up to 45 quick launch links for progs. IMO this is the most functional one I have found. Looks slick too. Only downside is the lack of a "Tasks" notification on the today screen. I am still waiting for that update.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425851

Best way to speed things up is to ditch the unused bloatware from the provider and install a clean rom. You can do a soft reset befor the customization screen after a hard reset and prevent that extra bloatware install.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: Cingular
Threadstarter

srparret is a n00b

i've looked at manilia 2d...i thought it was laggy but the extra bloatware maybe what was causing me all the trouble...any suggestions for a clean rom??
Old 10-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S
Carrier: ATT

shovelhead84 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by srparret View Post
i've looked at manilia 2d...i thought it was laggy but the extra bloatware maybe what was causing me all the trouble...any suggestions for a clean rom??
I am using the att tilt with the updated 6.1 rom. I had some lag issues but did a non-bloat install and I am now very happy. I am using a fully functional manilla2d install and average about 40-43mb free (50%). Makes me think its the bloatware. My wifes phone sped up after I took it out of hers as well. Worth a try. I have not used many other roms as I have been happy with my current setup.

Simplest thing If you want to install without customized bloatware:

1. Hard reset your phone or reinstall the HTC stock rom. After you install but before you use your phone you have to do the touch screen alignment. This is what your looking for.

2. Align the touchscreen and skip through the "cut & paste" tutorial.

3. After the tutorial you must "tap screen to begin using your device".

4. Emediatly after your home screen loads up and before the customized install starts (less than 3 sec) do a soft reset.

5. If you did it correctly it will boot normaly without bloatware or carrier applications. If your timing was bad it will go through the alignment process again.

If your just looking for new roms and info then...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=378

Good luck. Hope this helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser