PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 05:44 PM
N00b

Ryche316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yahoo messenger alerts

I have the AT&T tilt. It came with WM6 pro. When I would use Yahoo messenger the phone would vibrate and ring when I received a message. I upgraded to WM6.1 and now when I use Yahoo messenger the phone does not ring or vibrate when I receive an instant message. Has anyone encountered this? Is there a setting I am over looking ?
Old 09-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Yahoo messenger alerts

Do you have the Yahoo IM SMS setup? If that's what you're talking about then you need to go into Settings and Sounds & Notifications and adjust the New SMS settings for the tone and vibrate settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

what exactly is this Yahoo Messenger program? do u have the cab file?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:21 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ryche316 is a n00b

The yahoo messenger came pre installed in the phone.
I checked the settings and there is text message and MMS downloading,New MMS and MMS report sound settings. All of them are on ring and vibrate except the MMS report,which if I'm not mistaken is for a return receipt.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

MMS is for sending/receiving pictures.

What are your settings for text messaging?
Old 09-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Retired Staff

Using the built-in IM application the only option I have within the program is to enable sound, and that only uses sound, no vibrate or anything. The OZ app on my Sprint Vogue was the same way.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ryche316 is a n00b

my text and MMS are both set to ring and vibrate
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Retired Staff

I don't see any way to change the alerts with the program. I couldn't with my Vogue either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser