PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering on ATT

There HAS to be a way to tether without them knowing it. I'm sure there is some file or something that needs to be changed on the phone, and then they would never know...
Old 08-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

The answer lies in my last post, which is PDANet, and it's the best $35 you'll ever spend with no regrets. You can find it at http://www.junefabrics.com/. I'm sure it doesn't sound too steep for something that pays for itself in the long run as I may add.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 08-27-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
The answer lies in my last post, which is PDANet, and it's the best $35 you'll ever spend with no regrets. You can find it at http://www.junefabrics.com/. I'm sure it doesn't sound too steep for something that pays for itself in the long run as I may add.
Excellent! Yeah, that is exactly what I was looking for. I have no problem paying $35 for such a useful app...
EDIT:
It doesn't say anything about the carrier knowing you're tethering though...
Is PDAnet any bettr than WMWifiRouter? I like how WMWifiRouter just turns the phone into a WiFi access point, and you don't have to install anything at all on the PC. I used it when I had a 6700 on Sprint, but I don't know if AT&T would bust me for tethering or not...

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 08-28-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 / Pure
Carrier: Sprint / At&t

icaruspr is a n00b

Just remember that AT&T now have a 5Gb download limit. The extra usage has no charge but if you constantly exceed the 5GB limit they can cancel your data plan.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:10 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icaruspr View Post
Just remember that AT&T now have a 5Gb download limit. The extra usage has no charge but if you constantly exceed the 5GB limit they can cancel your data plan.
Yeah, coming from Sprint, I'm used to it...

It will be nice when these 5GB limits are a thing of the past.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Excellent! Yeah, that is exactly what I was looking for. I have no problem paying $35 for such a useful app...
EDIT:
It doesn't say anything about the carrier knowing you're tethering though...
Is PDAnet any bettr than WMWifiRouter? I like how WMWifiRouter just turns the phone into a WiFi access point, and you don't have to install anything at all on the PC. I used it when I had a 6700 on Sprint, but I don't know if AT&T would bust me for tethering or not...
Much better than WMWiFiRouter, but with PDANet, your battery doesn't heaqt up as much as it would when WMWiFiRouter is on, plus it's more beneficial as it saves you more money in the long haul as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser