PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt (8925)

pookiegirl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tilt with windows mobile 6.1

Ok so apparently there isn't an "official" update for widows mobile 6.1 for the tilt. Yet the windows mobile site list the tilt as one of the 6.1 devices. HTC's site has an update for the Tytn II but the only update for the tilt is a ROM update I already have. My question is if I were to get the update for the Tytn II from somewhere would it work on my tilt or would it totally brick the phone?? Has anyone tried this and had any luck?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

dsnuts002 is a n00b
Re: Tilt with windows mobile 6.1

It is the same phone... I should work. You will need to unlock your phone first. But after that i will work.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:58 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiegirl View Post
Ok so apparently there isn't an "official" update for widows mobile 6.1 for the tilt. Yet the windows mobile site list the tilt as one of the 6.1 devices. HTC's site has an update for the Tytn II but the only update for the tilt is a ROM update I already have. My question is if I were to get the update for the Tytn II from somewhere would it work on my tilt or would it totally brick the phone?? Has anyone tried this and had any luck?
You are probably better off getting one of the 6.1 Kaiser roms off the xda site. There are several chefs over there, and many roms to choose from.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=378

Be sure to read about the Hard SPL, and getting the right radio for your AT&T Tilt. Otherwise, looks like folks are not having any issues flashing.

This has been on my todo list, but I was relying on the tilt while in the UK last month, so I could not mess with it much.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt (8925)
Threadstarter

pookiegirl is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
You are probably better off getting one of the 6.1 Kaiser roms off the xda site. There are several chefs over there, and many roms to choose from.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=378

Be sure to read about the Hard SPL, and getting the right radio for your AT&T Tilt. Otherwise, looks like folks are not having any issues flashing.

This has been on my todo list, but I was relying on the tilt while in the UK last month, so I could not mess with it much.
well call me a noob but I am not too sure how to do that. I know you have to have the Hard SPL and the correct radio for it but how do I go about getting that?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just ordered a couple Tilts and signed up with a Family plan on AT&T so I am also interested in this topic.
I guess I have a ton of reading to do over at XDA...
Old 08-12-2008, 04:34 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Yep, there is some reading to be done over there.

Here's my general understanding after lightly skimming xda for a few weeks, but not actually doing anything

* you want to use the HardSPL sticked at the top, otherwise performance is really bad
* you want to use the correct matching AT&T radio for whatever rom you pick. This seems to be a bit tricky unless the rom chef tells you outright which radio works... and apparently some of these radios are "one way" updates meaning you can't go back (but then, some posts say there is no issue going back....

* over on the AT&T forums:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/b...cending&page=1

everyone is expecting an actual AT&T/HTC 6.1 rom. Any day now. Really.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TyTnII
Carrier: Rogers

ATVELL is a n00b

HTC has an official version you can download from HTC Club and update your own phone. You have to have an HTC branded phone for that. It will not allow you to download if you have an AT&T, for example.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Boo premade roms. Head for the kitchen.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well as of last night I am running Hyperdragon III Aug 4 Full WM6.1 on my Tilt.

I'll probably try several more ROMs over the next couple weeks (when my micro sd cards arrive I'll load up several and flash/reflash while at work).
Old 08-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Well as of last night I am running Hyperdragon III Aug 4 Full WM6.1 on my Tilt.

I'll probably try several more ROMs over the next couple weeks (when my micro sd cards arrive I'll load up several and flash/reflash while at work).
Go to the kitchen!!!

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser