PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 09:26 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rom burnout :) What's the story with new Kaiser/Tilt roms?

I'm trying, really I am, to keep up with the roms for the mogul, titan, and apple ipod touch, but I just can't do it anymore

Seriously though, there seems to be a flurry of kaiser rom activity over at xda in the past couple days, I assume this means a new rom came out... also, as I understand it, the AT&T Tilt isn't getting an official update? If someone is happy with any of these cooked roms on their AT&T Tilt, can you point me at it?

Thanks...
Old 05-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Rom burnout :) What's the story with new Kaiser/Tilt roms?

MANY ROM updates have come out, which one is best is, as always, a matter of preference.

There is a belief that using the HardSPL is making the phone less responsive. This is currently being looked at, and I may go back to an AT&T ROM (or official HTC) and locking the SPL.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

AT&T should be dropping a 6.1 update for us soon. I am going to be patient and wait for that.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Lurker

digitalfreeze is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
MANY ROM updates have come out, which one is best is, as always, a matter of preference.

There is a belief that using the HardSPL is making the phone less responsive. This is currently being looked at, and I may go back to an AT&T ROM (or official HTC) and locking the SPL.
A solution has already been found for this problem. It is well documented and proven to work @ xda. I am currently running L26 Kaiser Diamond V4 without issue thanks to the fix.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:20 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

We are still waiting for a kaiser user to work on a kitchen for ppckitchen's BuildOS. If someone is interested, please feel free. It doenst have to be fancy or ground-breaking. Just a base for users to build custom roms.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 06-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
We are still waiting for a kaiser user to work on a kitchen for ppckitchen's BuildOS. If someone is interested, please feel free. It doenst have to be fancy or ground-breaking. Just a base for users to build custom roms.
astain and i had been working on it colonel, but since there have been a huge amount of new cores out, and the diamond rom released, and me not being at a desktop for the past 2 weeks and not going to be for another 12, my work on it was halted. its up to astain now
Old 06-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

working on the port to 19588 atm. Should be sending gguru something this week. He is helping me port xip atm

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 06-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
working on the port to 19588 atm. Should be sending gguru something this week. He is helping me port xip atm

good. and where are the drivers that you promised me? bish...
Old 06-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfreeze View Post
A solution has already been found for this problem. It is well documented and proven to work @ xda. I am currently running L26 Kaiser Diamond V4 without issue thanks to the fix.
Yes, exactly what you quoted me saying. And that's really a workaround, a good hardSPL without the freezes would be a solution, but its good enough for now. Just another step in the ROM flashing process, which I'm doing like twice/week now lol
Old 06-03-2008, 03:51 AM
Lurker

digitalfreeze is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
Yes, exactly what you quoted me saying. And that's really a workaround, a good hardSPL without the freezes would be a solution, but its good enough for now. Just another step in the ROM flashing process, which I'm doing like twice/week now lol
Your solution has been delivered =)
New hardSPL courtesy of jockyw2001 @ xda.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser