PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Kaiser (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Rom burnout :) What's the story with new Kaiser/Tilt roms? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27612)

schettj 05-26-2008 09:26 AM

Rom burnout :) What's the story with new Kaiser/Tilt roms?

I'm trying, really I am, to keep up with the roms for the mogul, titan, and apple ipod touch, but I just can't do it anymore :D

Seriously though, there seems to be a flurry of kaiser rom activity over at xda in the past couple days, I assume this means a new rom came out... also, as I understand it, the AT&T Tilt isn't getting an official update? If someone is happy with any of these cooked roms on their AT&T Tilt, can you point me at it?

Thanks...

Certs 05-26-2008 12:44 PM

Re: Rom burnout :) What's the story with new Kaiser/Tilt roms?

MANY ROM updates have come out, which one is best is, as always, a matter of preference.

There is a belief that using the HardSPL is making the phone less responsive. This is currently being looked at, and I may go back to an AT&T ROM (or official HTC) and locking the SPL.

JackSchitt28 05-28-2008 10:13 AM

AT&T should be dropping a 6.1 update for us soon. I am going to be patient and wait for that.

digitalfreeze 06-01-2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattycerts (Post 295632)
MANY ROM updates have come out, which one is best is, as always, a matter of preference.

There is a belief that using the HardSPL is making the phone less responsive. This is currently being looked at, and I may go back to an AT&T ROM (or official HTC) and locking the SPL.

A solution has already been found for this problem. It is well documented and proven to work @ xda. I am currently running L26 Kaiser Diamond V4 without issue thanks to the fix.

colonel 06-01-2008 03:20 AM

We are still waiting for a kaiser user to work on a kitchen for ppckitchen's BuildOS. If someone is interested, please feel free. It doenst have to be fancy or ground-breaking. Just a base for users to build custom roms.

angel12 06-01-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel (Post 301257)
We are still waiting for a kaiser user to work on a kitchen for ppckitchen's BuildOS. If someone is interested, please feel free. It doenst have to be fancy or ground-breaking. Just a base for users to build custom roms.

astain and i had been working on it colonel, but since there have been a huge amount of new cores out, and the diamond rom released, and me not being at a desktop for the past 2 weeks and not going to be for another 12, my work on it was halted. its up to astain now :)

AstainHellbring 06-02-2008 12:06 AM

working on the port to 19588 atm. Should be sending gguru something this week. He is helping me port xip atm

angel12 06-02-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstainHellbring (Post 302005)
working on the port to 19588 atm. Should be sending gguru something this week. He is helping me port xip atm

good. and where are the drivers that you promised me? bish... :mrgreen:

Certs 06-03-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalfreeze (Post 301187)
A solution has already been found for this problem. It is well documented and proven to work @ xda. I am currently running L26 Kaiser Diamond V4 without issue thanks to the fix.

Yes, exactly what you quoted me saying. And that's really a workaround, a good hardSPL without the freezes would be a solution, but its good enough for now. Just another step in the ROM flashing process, which I'm doing like twice/week now lol

digitalfreeze 06-03-2008 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattycerts (Post 303017)
Yes, exactly what you quoted me saying. And that's really a workaround, a good hardSPL without the freezes would be a solution, but its good enough for now. Just another step in the ROM flashing process, which I'm doing like twice/week now lol

Your solution has been delivered =)
New hardSPL courtesy of jockyw2001 @ xda.