PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser (tilt)
Carrier: AT&T

Hardcorp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Where are all the posts?

I could post a bunch of stuff ...but it is from other forums . and I don't think that will go over well here.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: att

fcreeves is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSchitt28 View Post
yeah this is going to change. i just got a tilt and will be posting a ton of new stuff in here soon. so just hang tight guys.
That's awesome. The forum (XDA)where all the posting for the Tilt is a little stiffer. I use to live here (PPCGeeks) when I had my Apache...which I dumped for the Tilt in October when it came out. Although, 90% of what you want to know is over @ XDA if you search. Look forward to your postings.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt
Carrier: T-Mobile

knytphal is a n00b

I'm another Mogul->Tilt user myself - though I'm on T-Mobile. This is honestly the first time I've even been back to this site in a couple of months (nearly 9,000 posts since my last visit!) due to there not being a whole lot of Kaiser stuff over here. Good to see that may change, though. (It would be really awesome if the ppckitchen could be used with the Tilt!)
Old 04-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I'd have a Tilt in a heartbeat if it were available on Sprint. My dad has one and loves it. Many, if not most, of the Mogul registry tweaks and apps work fine on the Tilt, so just avoid anything that messes with the dialer and other hardware too much and you should be fine.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I'd have a Tilt in a heartbeat if it were available on Sprint. My dad has one and loves it. Many, if not most, of the Mogul registry tweaks and apps work fine on the Tilt, so just avoid anything that messes with the dialer and other hardware too much and you should be fine.
yeah i use everything on my tilt just like i did on my mogul. it is the best device i have owned and i have been through a few in the last couple years.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Jack

tpbklake is just getting started

Quote:
yeah i use everything on my tilt just like i did on my mogul. it is the best device i have owned and i have been through a few in the last couple years.
I am yet another Mogul -> Tilt user. I was completely happy with my Mogul once the Rev A ROM came out and solved all of the issues I was having, but this Tilt with HSDPA just rocks and the reception is tons better than my Mogul ever was.

I have added the basic HTC Home 6 tab customizations and a big button dialer, but for the most part am completely happy with the extra ram and battery life of my Tilt.

Regards,

Tom
Old 04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbklake View Post
I am yet another Mogul -> Tilt user. I was completely happy with my Mogul once the Rev A ROM came out and solved all of the issues I was having, but this Tilt with HSDPA just rocks and the reception is tons better than my Mogul ever was.

I have added the basic HTC Home 6 tab customizations and a big button dialer, but for the most part am completely happy with the extra ram and battery life of my Tilt.

Regards,

Tom
see, i thought my battery was better on the Mogul.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt
Carrier: T-Mobile

knytphal is a n00b

Quote:
see, i thought my battery was better on the Mogul.
I also think the battery life on the Tilt is much preferable to the Mogul. I would have about 15% left on the Mogul before the end of the day, but with the Tilt it's more like 85%. I'm also a pretty heavy data user. Which kind of sucks, seeing as how I'm on T-Mobile at the moment. Which could also explain the better battery life. Though I've started to use wifi much more than I did on the Mogul.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jewel
Carrier: Sprint [SERO Premium]

mrnamster is keeping up the good workmrnamster is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbklake View Post
...the extra ram...of my Tilt.
That's why I have a Tilt and a Vogue but not a Mogul, because of the RAM size.

IMO I think that the extra RAM makes it more powerful, thus more power drain, for my usage.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser