PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 02:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AT&T branded Tilt or unbranded Kaiser?

So I was watching some you tube videos of the Tilt. I got to one that was an unbranded Kaiser (or Tytn 2, whatever). Instead of AT&T it had HTC on the top...

Anyway, it had a camera on the front for video calls, and appeared to have all the other features of the AT&T branded device.

Does anyone know if everything works on the unbranded version on AT&T? Would the video calling work? And the push to talk? How about the MMS?

Any other issues I should be aware of before I buy an unlocked Kaiser?

I'm not a current AT&T customer, but I'm seriously thinking about leaving Sprint and getting a Tilt. But if the AT&T branded unit has less features than the unbranded unit, I'd rather go that route...
Old 03-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T TiLT
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular

TyJaMo is a n00b
Re: AT&T branded Tilt or unbranded Kaiser?

Didn't see your most recent post before posting!
Don't take my word and I may be totally wrong but the one you saw with the camera on the front I believe is the actual HTC KAiSER TTYN II, I think it has phone service through HTC, which I'm not too sure of! Somewhat same features but the only difference is that the HTC brand has the camera on the front not the back for video calls as you stated! My 8525 is juiced by AT&T and I love it!

Last edited by TyJaMo; 03-01-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:30 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

AT&T's has the camera, Kaiser & TYTN II versions don't..

BTW if you got the money for an unlocked Kaiser TYTN II, step your game up to something worth leaving for.

Like the:
ETEN Glofiish X800 or M800
Old 03-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser (tilt)
Carrier: AT&T

Hardcorp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
AT&T's has the camera, Kaiser & TYTN II versions don't..

BTW if you got the money for an unlocked Kaiser TYTN II, step your game up to something worth leaving for.

Like the:
ETEN Glofiish X800 or M800

No...The Kaiser TYTN II acctully has a camera in back and on the front!!!

http://www.htcwiki.com/page/HTC+TyTN+II

Other than that they are basically the same, so now it is a matter of $700+ for the TYTN or $299 W/ 2 year contract for the Tilt.

Last edited by Hardcorp; 03-02-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

Go fer the athena very nice but kaiser rocks too I have tilt and don't miss not having the front camera

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 03-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

iceblue is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to iceblue Send a message via MSN to iceblue Send a message via Yahoo to iceblue

Without the 3g capability there worthless. yes they have 3g but where does ATT actually have 3G? About no wear.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser (tilt)
Carrier: AT&T

Hardcorp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
Without the 3g capability there worthless. yes they have 3g but where does ATT actually have 3G? About no wear.
Like any other new technology, it takes some time to become widespread.

btw... I like your sig. but your sending mixed signals with your "shocker" avatar.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

Yes att does have actual 3g, hsdpa even. Its fast and nice
Old 03-04-2008, 02:12 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

iceblue is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to iceblue Send a message via MSN to iceblue Send a message via Yahoo to iceblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcorp View Post
Like any other new technology, it takes some time to become widespread.

btw... I like your sig. but your sending mixed signals with your "shocker" avatar.
That’s true but due to the amount of competitors resources of EVDO and over seas readily available use of 3g/EVDO I do not excuse ATT for there lack of bringing 3g to there customers. They are the largest provider they should be leading the steps. Instead they hide behind a gimmick of an iPhone and over charge for the rest of there phones.

HAHA it is a long story. But the short of it, it is the official sign of an automotive shop I affiliate with for my automotive shop and the sponsorship of shocker clothing co . Either way thank you.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

they not only overcharge for that, but also can tax the hell out of ya for just additional services like data, PTT, text messaging, etc.... they're also evil when it comes to PPCs...
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser