PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 11:01 PM
RCC2k8

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: AT&T branded Tilt or unbranded Kaiser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
That’s true but due to the amount of competitors resources of EVDO and over seas readily available use of 3g/EVDO I do not excuse ATT for there lack of bringing 3g to there customers. They are the largest provider they should be leading the steps. Instead they hide behind a gimmick of an iPhone and over charge for the rest of there phones.

HAHA it is a long story. But the short of it, it is the official sign of an automotive shop I affiliate with for my automotive shop and the sponsorship of shocker clothing co . Either way thank you.
I have the AT&T Tilt and got 3G. If AT&T does not have 3G access in your area, it doesn't mean they don't have it in other areas. Supposedly (nothing written in stone) most of their markets should have 3G by the end of this year.

That said, if you don't have 3G, then count your blessings as 3G is an extreme battery drain, and the Tilt does not have an easy way to disable 3G to save battery in GSM-only mode.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

iceblue is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iceblue Send a message via MSN to iceblue Send a message via Yahoo to iceblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCC2k8 View Post
I have the AT&T Tilt and got 3G. If AT&T does not have 3G access in your area, it doesn't mean they don't have it in other areas. Supposedly (nothing written in stone) most of their markets should have 3G by the end of this year.

That said, if you don't have 3G, then count your blessings as 3G is an extreme battery drain, and the Tilt does not have an easy way to disable 3G to save battery in GSM-only mode.
I think you may need to go online to there webpage and get an overview of 3g capable areas for ATT&T then come back and read my statement. The availability of 3g is a joke and what they say about having it they never hold true they have said this for over 2years to me. They even try and tell you that you have 3g.

I used ATT for 4 years they over charge and have hardly any 3g. If you travel anywhere consider yourself out of luck. With Alltel, verizon, sprint you get 3g around 900%+ more areas and my bettery life is awsome. So now why do I want to pay for ATT&T’s 3g?

Last edited by iceblue; 03-08-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:29 PM
RCC2k8

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
I think you may need to go online to there webpage and get an overview of 3g capable areas for ATT&T then come back and read my statement. The availability of 3g is a joke and what they say about having it they never hold true they have said this for over 2years to me. They even try and tell you that you have 3g...
I'll let these speed test results from both my AT&T Tilt and Sprint Mogul do the talking...

The best I've gotten from Sprint's 3G network is 439k in an area with better signal - something hard to find by the way.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

iceblue is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to iceblue Send a message via MSN to iceblue Send a message via Yahoo to iceblue

You still have no understanding of what I am talking about. Anyways on a different note I just got 700 - 999kb from sprint EVDOwith 1bar signal. Been testing this for 3 days now.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

I've gotten 3g everywhere I've gone with my tilt

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 03-11-2008, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n900
Carrier: tmobile

konceptz is a n00b

Since when was this a carrier competition discussion?

I'm really interested in which I should buy, seeing as I already have a 2 year contract with At&t.

Any suggestions from people who have either or both of these devices?

TIA
Old 03-11-2008, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm still trying to find an app that will let you use the front camera of the unbranded Kaiser for video chats/calls/whatever.

MS Portrait seems like the likely candidate, but it aparently doesn't work with the front camera.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

go to xda there are plenty of roms that will let u use the camera for video calls
Old 03-22-2008, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
go to xda there are plenty of roms that will let u use the camera for video calls
Can you link me to one? I went to xda several times and everyone told me it wasn't possible in the USA...
Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

odell leon is just getting started

I had the Tilt on AT&T and up graded (way way up) to the TYTN II which comes unlocked and am using it on T MOBILE. It has 2 cameras ( video conf. on front) a business card reader and Tom Tom included. Plus non of the AT&T junk like push to talk, Telenav, And Media net. Plus T MOBILE is so much cheaper. The Tilt if it was a car would be a striped down model where the TYTN II would be fully loaded. But if you want to pay more for the same services ( $39 verses T Mobile $19 for unlimited internet) you may use the TYTN on AT$T. also T MOBILE is cheaper for call minutes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser