PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Kaiser (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Problem with answering calls (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18570)

Texas Ranger 02-14-2008 08:20 AM

Problem with answering calls

I have a TyTn II and am very satisfied with it. However I have an annoying problem and would appreciate any help to fix it. When I have an incoming call, according to the instruction manual I can answer either by pressing the "Call" button (the one with the green telephone symbol) or by touching the softkey for "answer" (or the area on the touchscreen where "answer" is written). In practice, only the second method works. I have lost calls by insisting on keeping the call button pressed instead of using the softkey.

The call button works just fine for accessing the phone dialer, so it is not a hardware problem. Is there somewhere in the registry where the call button has to be mapped to answer incoming calls?

I live in Italy and use TIM as a provider. This should not influence things at all.

AstainHellbring 02-20-2008 07:57 PM

Re: Problem with answering calls

Dunno it works fine for me on my custom rom (schaps wm6.1) and worked fine on stock rom... try installing a different rom

ltxda 02-22-2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Ranger (Post 186342)
I have a TyTn II and am very satisfied with it. However I have an annoying problem and would appreciate any help to fix it. When I have an incoming call, according to the instruction manual I can answer either by pressing the "Call" button (the one with the green telephone symbol) or by touching the softkey for "answer" (or the area on the touchscreen where "answer" is written). In practice, only the second method works. I have lost calls by insisting on keeping the call button pressed instead of using the softkey.

The call button works just fine for accessing the phone dialer, so it is not a hardware problem. Is there somewhere in the registry where the call button has to be mapped to answer incoming calls?

I live in Italy and use TIM as a provider. This should not influence things at all.

Try doing a hard reset, don't install anything to your device and see if it works. If it does work, then install whatever programs you want onto your phone one at a time then test after each install. This could be a screwy program messing with the dialer profile, etc. Give it a try and let us know how this goes. :)

Texas Ranger 02-22-2008 04:40 AM

Thanks for the tips. In the meantime, after a couple of soft resets, the problem seems to have rectified itself, as long as I do a very short press on the call button. Anything longer doesn't work. I may have been mislead by the Italian instruction book into pressing for too long.