PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Lurker

exspand is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AT&T Issues

I just dumped Verizon after about 7 years for the AT&T Tilt. This phone is great!!

I am having 2 issues with the phone that I can’t seem to fix and AT&T support can’t either (they know less about the phone than I do).

First, when I am on the phone, the back light dims after only a few seconds, and then shuts the screen off completely. It is not a backlight issue, because I turn those to MAX settings. The AT&T supervisor said his Tilt does it too, but he doesn’t know why?

Second is the inability to shut off sync at night; the scheduling is disabled in the menu?
I use my phone as my alarm, plus I need it for after hour emergency calls, so it has to be close by the bed.
This thing sounds off every time an email comes into any of my email accounts, since I set it up to do so. (So SPAM and all that other crap which continues around the clock wakes me up.)
In ActiveSync under “Menu”, I can see the “Schedule” in the menu, but it is shaded light as if disabled, and can’t be accessed. Microsoft said it is an AT&T issue.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
With regard to the backlight issues, be sure you check in Start > Settings > System > Power as well as System > Backlight.

As for the sync issue, when you're looking at ActiveSync, you can only change settings when it's in an idle state. So wait for it to complete a sync and then you should be able to click Schedule.

I set my peak times as 8am - 5pm (work hours), and set Peak Time to sync every 60 minutes. Then I set the Non-Peak to Manually.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

exspand is a n00b
None of this stuff works...that is the obvious, which I tried.

I read on another forum that the phone back light issue is how it ships and they have something called the Kaiser Tweak which fixes it.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

exspand is a n00b
This works for backlight while in phone mode issue

http://www.jongma.org/KaiserTweak/
Old 12-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
try putting a custom rom on it....they have the hard spl and many custom roms over at xda developers.....some of them might fix your backlight problem
Old 12-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 1 Kaiser, 2 Tilts
Carrier: AT&T(US) Maxis(Malaysia)

tkalli is a n00b
Kaiser Tweaks works. Used it on two Tilts.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: At&t Tilt 2 (Touch Pro 2)
Carrier: At&t

lordvader is becoming a great contributor
Is there a update or Software to make the Tilt camera Better
Old 02-10-2008, 09:41 PM
N00b

Ryche316 is a n00b
Worth switching?

I'm currently with Verizon and have the XV6700. I'm looking to go to AT&T and go with the Tilt. Is it worth the switch? Is the phone that much better than the XV6700, and is AT&T's network that much better and more reliable than Verizon's? I do use my phone alot at work as a modem for my jobs laptop so I can get unrestricted internet access.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: At&t Tilt 2 (Touch Pro 2)
Carrier: At&t

lordvader is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche316 View Post
I'm currently with Verizon and have the XV6700. I'm looking to go to AT&T and go with the Tilt. Is it worth the switch? Is the phone that much better than the XV6700, and is AT&T's network that much better and more reliable than Verizon's? I do use my phone alot at work as a modem for my jobs laptop so I can get unrestricted internet access.
Yes its worth it
U wont find a better phone
If u do tell me about it

So much u can do with it try http://forum.xda-developers.com
Old 03-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt

Gimik is a n00b
Re: AT&T Issues

Turning off the screen while in a call is by design, so you don't push any buttons on accident and save battery life (since it's on your face, you're probably not using the screen anyway). Like everyone said, you can adjust the behavior with kaisertweak.

Can't help with the sync settings as I only use IMAP and that only allows you to change the sync times so much. YOu could try disabling the email notification sound though (I did) if it bugs you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser