PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 11:14 AM
airdart

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Question weather panel

I need some help with the Weather panel program I installed on my Tilt. While the program was installed I had the Logo (clear ) installed on the start menu (this is option on the software). I have since decided that I no longer want the Weather Panel on my Tilt. I removed all traces of the program from the Tilt. I still have the clear Weather Panel Logo on the start menu. It does not apear on the SPB menu. I have performed a soft reset and the Logo is still on the start menu. I can find no trace of the Weather panel software in the file explorer. How can I get rid of this Logo?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Kaiser
Carrier: zain

staxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to staxxx
Smile Re: weather panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdart View Post
I need some help with the Weather panel program I installed on my Tilt. While the program was installed I had the Logo (clear ) installed on the start menu (this is option on the software). I have since decided that I no longer want the Weather Panel on my Tilt. I removed all traces of the program from the Tilt. I still have the clear Weather Panel Logo on the start menu. It does not apear on the SPB menu. I have performed a soft reset and the Logo is still on the start menu. I can find no trace of the Weather panel software in the file explorer. How can I get rid of this Logo?
Which WM Version are you running? If its default 6.1 you can disable touchflo by going to settings>>Items>>Touchflo.

If its WM 6.5 Same same...

If you manually deleted then Same I guess
Old 02-15-2010, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser
Carrier: T-Mobile

sarge21rvb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: weather panel

If you browse your device from a computer via USB cable, navigate to \device\Windows\Start Menu\ and find the shortcut and delete (NOTE: You may have to unhide important system files to see the windows folder, you can do this by opening a folder and click tools -> Folder options... -> View (tab) and unchecking "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)". After you're done, you can check it back.)

OR

From your phone, use the program Total Commander to browse to the same location and delete the shortcut.

OR

You can use a program such as SKTools that will clean bad registry entries and bad shortcuts.

Keep in mind that either way, it will take a while for the Windows folder to load, so be patient.

Regards,
sarge21rvb

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser