PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Lurker

xv6700ft is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AT&T in NY/NJ

I'm considering leaving Verizon for this phone. What is the coverage like with this phone in the New York/New Jersey area?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser wm6.5 23037
Carrier: ATT

nikki2beeps is just getting started
Calling all Ex Sprint/Verizon customers!!! I too am a hair away from leaving Verizon for many reasons and I would love to hear some input from any sprint or verizon user who is now with At&t. Particularly regarding voice and highspeed data speeds. (Speedtest anyone?) If you could also let me know what coverage area your in that would be helpful. I am really wanting to switch but I have had rock solid data speed with verizon and very good voice coverage. Unfortunatley their customer service, lack of support and overall raping of me and my phone plan are too much to stomach. I was going to go to sprint but now with the tilt At&t may be an option.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Axim x51v, Blackberry 8700
Carrier: Verizon

mag1 is a n00b
Unlocked Tilt on Verizon Network

Has anyone activated an unlocked AT&T Tilt on Verizon? I have Vzn service now and would like to stay there but I want a new Tilt. From what I understand, I should be able to put my VZn SIM card in the Tilt. And I'm wondering if all the Tilt's out-of-the-box features will still be available on the Vzn network.
Thanks!
Old 11-23-2007, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xperia x1
Carrier: att us

mn3kgtvr4 is a n00b
You HAVE to defect from Verizon to either TMobile or ATT or another GSM carrier that uses SIM cards. Verizon and Sprint are CDMA carriers and don't use SIM cards.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Lurker

jakeinproduction is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn3kgtvr4 View Post
You HAVE to defect from Verizon to either TMobile or ATT or another GSM carrier that uses SIM cards. Verizon and Sprint are CDMA carriers and don't use SIM cards.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't their world phones include a sim card? (i.e., Blackberry 8830)
Old 11-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt
Carrier: AT&t

codester3388 is a n00b
Sure but it doesn't mean you can use the GSM radio with verizon's network. It is a world phone because when you go out of the country or maybe have a GSM carrier as well you don't have to buy another phone. Verizon's network will no allow any GSM or just plainly SIM card devices on their network because the phone won't be able to communicate with any of the Verizon towers.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Axim x51v, Blackberry 8700
Carrier: Verizon

mag1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn3kgtvr4 View Post
mn3kgtvr4 - thanks for the info. The ads I've seen for unlocked phones indicate they can be used on any network. Buyer beware!
Old 11-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Lurker

jakeinproduction is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by codester3388 View Post
Sure but it doesn't mean you can use the GSM radio with verizon's network. It is a world phone because when you go out of the country or maybe have a GSM carrier as well you don't have to buy another phone. Verizon's network will no allow any GSM or just plainly SIM card devices on their network because the phone won't be able to communicate with any of the Verizon towers.

That's pretty much a given, but if you were to try to use the SIM card in the states what, if any, network would you be using? AT&T's? T-Mobiles?
Old 01-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: att

fcreeves is a n00b
Make the Switch.

I too was a 6700 user and avid Rom trier-outer. I made the switch strictly for this phone. I miss Verizon's service in the boon docks, however, that is all I miss. Rollover is great! HSDPA is fast. Having a sim card is nice too...easy to copy and paste Roms are abundant. I suggest Dutty's v3. You will have to upgrade the keyboard & radio aswell. I don't know what else to say but make the switch. However the HTC Touch Cruise is on its way. At a glance, it looks like identical hardware except for the navigation pad. I digress...just make the switch. Its very fast and has a ton of memory. Its very strange to have the ability to install nearly everything (with the exception of big games) to you device. MAKE THE SWITCH!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser