PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

countalmaviva is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Tethering (Imagio)

Don't know about the Bluetooth option with Internet Sharing, but I can confirm I've made it through one billing cycle using both IntShrUI.exe and Tom Codon's WiFi Sharing. No extra fees have appeared on my bill despite the fact that my data usage jumped from ca 200MB to 2000MB (watching Netflix, Hulu, etc).

Also, I called my local Verizon store today, and the sales rep, who's friendly with me, mentioned the 5GB cap before extra fees. He indicated that Verizon will likely notify me if I reach an overage, but I wouldn't stake my life on this...

As far as the two approaches to tethering go, I can say that I get a more consistent connection using the cable. This is not surprising to me since the WiFi radio inside the Imagio is likely many times weaker than my Linksys router at home. With the cable tether I get consistent speeds of 700kbps and bursts above 1mbps. Nice!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch - Alltel
Carrier: Verizon

Firsttimer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Tethering (Imagio)

How do you get free tethering with the USB cable?

I have been using paid tethering for a month now with my Imago and it works very well. I am fighting Verizon about the fee because I am on of the Alltel aquired customers. We were promised Alltel fees of $10/mo but they now want $30/mo.

I was using my Alltel Touch for almost 2 years without any problems. But Verizon changed the equipment and it quit working. They made me get a new phone and it does work great.

But since I had to get a new phone they now say I an no longer under the Alltel buyout agreement.

Getting tethering for free would be a good compromise. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio