PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I uninstall App not Showing up in Remove Programs?

I installed a version of Sprint Nav on my Imagio having read a thread about it. It works but asks for login etc which I don't have, so I went to remove it.

It does not show up in Remove Programs. Any idea how to uninstall it? The only real utility I have is SKTools lite.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: How do I uninstall App not Showing up in Remove Programs?

Well, you could try another app like Memmaid or something else that has an uninstaller in it. Or just find the folders using File Explorer in Program Files and Windows and wherever else they might be. Then you could use a reg editor to remove any remnants in the registry.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Well, you could try another app like Memmaid or something else that has an uninstaller in it. Or just find the folders using File Explorer in Program Files and Windows and wherever else they might be. Then you could use a reg editor to remove any remnants in the registry.
Thanks but I don't know enough to find remnants. Not afraid of regedit, just wouldn't know what to look for.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:00 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

I understand. I recommend using PHM regeditor because it has a search/find function that you can just type in the words you are looking for and it will find those words in any values and strings so you can remove whatever you want. I would do a backup first before you start deleting anything though. You can find it in the ppc software forum in the commonly used apps thread. I'll look around and see if I can find an uninstaller app for you.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I may give it a shot. I found one called TMS Uninstaller. One thing I figured out:

Even though it's Sprint Navigator, the folder shows up as Telenav and the .exe is Telenav.exe

So that may be part of the confusion.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:55 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
I may give it a shot. I found one called TMS Uninstaller. One thing I figured out:

Even though it's Sprint Navigator, the folder shows up as Telenav and the .exe is Telenav.exe

So that may be part of the confusion.
lol That's what I was gonna post a link to! Well, yeah if you search the registry look for anything with Telenav in it. Let me know how it goes.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I downloaded TMS. Not sure it's any better than Windows native uninstaller. I reinstalled Telenav over SprintNav since they were using the same folder name (Telenav) and Exe name (Telenav.exe) then installed Telenav.

With SKTools I found to registry items. One for telenav and one for sprintnav and deleted them.

I have since downloaded phm regedit though I need to figure out how to even see anything. Do I doubleclick with my stylus?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio