PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

thelackie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Multitasking

I am having problems playing music in the back round while I do something else on my phone. I will start up GSPlayer and play a shoutcast station. Then I go to something else while it is playing, ie IGO 8 navigation program(you can probably figure out why I want music in the back round by now. After a minute or 2 GSPlayer shuts down...no more music. The samething happens if I use Resco music player. I don't even have to start IGO for the music to shut down, I can be at my home page.

Is there anything I am doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

Thanks...pw
Old 12-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

depeched is a n00b
Re: Multitasking

I hear and feel your pain. All of the task you listed are huge on memory. The problem is in the available memory, or rather lack of it. Before we get the hard spl unlocked and all the goodness it brings with the custom roms, your only solution is to have TouchFlo disabled. Personally, I think it's the main memory leak on this device, although I can't force myself to walk away from it...it's too good.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Americanmetal is becoming a great contributor

I was streaming music and surfing opera just fine earlier
Old 12-03-2009, 06:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

Yea I will have to say if I couldn't run htc music player while using igo or during surfing the web or managing my tasks I would have returned the device. I have no problem doing any of these no matter how much memory usage it says I have. You no doubt will have to do a hard reset, then if you still can't do this than take it back. Beware of programs that you install and the location in which you install them. install one at a time and soft reset after each one, test everything to make sure its okay after every couple of installs and keep track of what's happening with each. This is the number one killer of performance and issues not only among win mo devices, but along android, and even iphone. You must be careful of what you install. Even if it worked fine on a previous device, makes no difference. It takes a little time but will save you in the long wrong. That's why its nice to have my own office and work on my pc all day, I have access to try all sorts of crap all day everyday.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio