PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio help please! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99672)

skitty4gzus 12-01-2009 11:12 PM

Imagio help please!

I have multiple imagio needs that i need some help with.
1) best way to get cab files onto Imagio? sync with a computer and does the computer need to be a pc or will it sync with a mac too? if so where do the files we sync end up on the imagio?
2) is there any way to get more vibration out of the phone for the ringtone and notifications, i can barely feel it vibrate on my hip and its kind of useless, this is a big problem for me, i hope there is a fix or something
3) is there a better solution for an alarm clock? the one on the phone is basically useless. it should ring until i dismiss it or snooze it but it does not. checked and unchecked the repeat sound box and doesn't seem to make difference at all?
4) memory continues to go up throughout the day to around 83% even though the phone starts around 54% when i start it up. i make sure i shut off tasks but it just creeps up throughout the day which is ridiculous, it makes the phone so sluggish and difficult to use.
5) is there anything that speeds up texting and getting the buttons to respond quicker? is there a different mode that reacts faster?
6) the whole text notification in touch flo and then check texts but it takes you to win mobile texting and it stills says new message in touch flo, very annoying.
-i guess thats the most annoying items on my mind as of right now. if im going to keep this phone i gotta get things working better for me, especially the alarm and texting and the memory creep!! any help would be appreciated big time, thanks

untitled 12-02-2009 04:44 AM

Re: Imagio help please!

1) I have not been able to sync with a mac, but I haven't tried very hard, either. PCs are very easy to sync to.
4) This is a recurring problem with WinMo phones. Look around the older threads here and you'll finds tips and apps that can help with this.

skitty4gzus 12-05-2009 05:44 PM

thanks for your help, still looking for solutions though

DiceDemon 12-05-2009 07:55 PM

G-Alarm is amazing once you learn it's quirky interface

teh 12-28-2009 09:53 PM

@ skitty4:

#1: I have no experience at all trying to connect WinMo to Mac. With a Windows Vista computer, and I'm hoping the Mac emulation is similar, the easiest way I've found to deal with CAB files is: Download the CAB to the laptop desktop. Connect the Imagio to the laptop with the USB cable. Go to Start> Computer> Mobile Devices> Imagio, where the Imagio and its microSD card appear as hard drives, courtesy of Windows Mobile Device Center. You can then, using your laptop, copy or move the CAB from your laptop desktop to your microSD (I have created a folder on the microSD called "CABS" for just this purpose). Disconnect your phone from the laptop, use File Explorer on the phone to navigate to the new CAB on your microSD card, click it and watch it install. I've run into a couple of programs that can install by clicking them on the laptop while the phone's connected via USB cable, but they've always had good directions to do so; most app CABS need to be clicked from within the phone itself. Now, this begs the obvious question: if you've got a MAC, wouldn't getting an iPhone be loads easier? The reason I've got a WinMo Imagio is largely because I don't want the headaches of making a Palm Pre, iPhone or Droid connect with Windows Vista or Windows Office Outlook, Excel, Word, etc. I was drooling over the Palm Pre last June until I found out you couldn't synch directly with Outlook, you had to synch the Pre with Google Mail/Calendar, then synch Google back to Windows Vista. Fail, IMHO, for both security and ease of use. I don't want my bizness spread all over the internetz, if you see my point. Now, the compatibility problems between Mac & Win have been a problem for 25 years at least, so staying completely within one camp or another has always seemed lots easier to me.

#2: Sorry, I haven't tried changing the vibe. I'm doubting it's possible to make the vibration bigger or more violent, as that would require a bigger motor to be installed.

#3: Rather than use the alarm clock, try setting a recurring appointment with 1 minute notification in your calendar. If you set an appointment for 7:00-7:30 AM, called "Wake up! Wake up! Get outta bed you slug!" the phone will actually shout at you until you get out of bed and stop it.

#4: htcaddicts' cleanRAM is a good freeware memory cleaner. I've been running it for months on my Imagio with good results. Set it to do a "Level 2" cleaning automatically every hour and it will reclaim all the leaked memory back to the phone. If you're in the middle of doing something when it wants to clean the RAM, there's an abort button that appears for about 10 seconds. Find it here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=514333

#5: The folks with Samsung Omnia II are pretty impressed with the Swype method of finger-sliding keyboard entry. I've seen on various boards that some Imagio owners are loading it on and trying it out. It may work for you.

#6: I'm not sure what your issue is with text notifications is. If you use the bottom screen TouchFLO slider to "messaging", you stay within the HTC interface without going to Windows Mobile "text messages". If you mean that you're finding a phantom text notification without any text message it refers to, it's a known bug with the Imagio and there's an app that fixes that, which can be found here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90340

gilbenl 12-28-2009 11:30 PM

I use a MacBookPro, and I have had no problem using the Bluethooth file exchange to transfer files to and from my device. This is a limited solution though, as you are limited in the folders you can browse/select/delete. Nevertheless, for simply adding cabs, I do the following:
1) Go to the connection manager, turn on bluetooth.
2) Once on, press the area to the left of the on-off button for bluetooth, bringing up the options.
3) Click the tab on the upper right (escapes me at the moment), click make discoverable.
4) Turn on bluetooth on your computer, click the icon in the upper right of the screen, and click browse device.
5) pair etc etc etc
6) Click the same bluetooth icon again, go down to "WHIT1000" and click the "Browse Device" that pops up.
7) I like to put cabs in the "Data" folder, but its up to you. Once transferred, use the file navigator to go "My Documents"-->"Data"

Hope this helps! It works for anything like pictures, music, programs, etc.

skitty4gzus 01-01-2010 04:23 AM

thanks for your help guys. I have been able to get it to sync with mac. It finds the phone as an external disk drive basically and im able to drag and drop files onto the phone. Been adding .cabs onto the phone today and they all seem to have taken. I haven't gone through everything though. I really need the phone to react faster to taps during texting. I dont know if its the phone moving slow or the texting application or whatever that just cant keep up? I dont type very fast, but its pretty annoying that it cant keep up. Im not giving up on the vibration level, I mean if you can turn up a ringer than whose to say that they set the vibration level at max from the factory?

Mahalo 01-01-2010 11:16 AM

As far as the keyboard is concerned, the HTC keyboard is VERY laggy. I've tried Swype (which lags beyond belief for me too. I mean to the point where I finish entering na sentence and it is still on the third word of a seven word sentence which then needs to be modified/edited. I can't STAND it.) I've also tried SPB Keyboard. SPB's seems to keep up with me, pretty much.

skitty4gzus 01-01-2010 12:24 PM

thanks Mahalo! i will have to check that out